PDA

View Full Version : Red ludwigia

korith
05-15-2009, 04:35 PM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww229/korith_2008/plants/P5140094.jpg

Believe it or not, both of those are red ludwigia, bleh.

Exhibit A - I bought a nice looking bunch of 6 or 7 stems from a fish club member .

Exhibit B - Found a bunch on sale at local fish store

So which would you prefer A or B?:p

I just found it amusing, pretty much all the red ludwigia I got from that store looked really nice when I got them, then in just died in less than 4 days. The worst part is they were on sale, I thought I was getting a deal!! :scry:

Northernguy
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Makes you wonder why they were on sale!
I'll guess the healthy one came from someone who cares about their plants!lol

KingFisher
05-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Hmm.... I believe I would have to go with A. :ssmile:

nwnittany
05-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I would go with A because I already have a bunch of B !!:hmm3grin2orange:

korith
05-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna leave some of the B stems up and see if I can save them. Though not very likely some have really rotted/disintegrated hehe.

DrNic
05-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Try floating the B stems so they are right against the light. If any of the plant is still alive it will promote new growth.

korith
05-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Try floating the B stems so they are right against the light. If any of the plant is still alive it will promote new growth.

Good idea, well I pulled the B stem ones, and they all pretty much fell apart in my hands hehe. The only thing they are doing now is being fertilizer.

Wild Turkey
05-16-2009, 05:09 AM

Agreed!thumbs2:

I have a bunch of this as well, beautiful plant.

MCHRKiller
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Whats the conditions of your tank like? If it was all nice looking and healthy when you bought it something has surely happened to it to make it not so now.

korith
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Whats the conditions of your tank like? If it was all nice looking and healthy when you bought it something has surely happened to it to make it not so now.

Well the rest of plants in that tank are doing really well. Only the batch of ludwigia from that store went down. I did go by that store earlier today actually to get some things and I noticed a few ludwigia stubs there too.

smaug
05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
This is what it looks like if given just half what it needs.Do your part and it becomes a weed!

MCHRKiller
05-16-2009, 10:55 PM
When I had my 40G setup, I couldnt grow it either it looked like a mirror image to your pic in a matter of a week, but in my 55 its perked up and I contribute that to substrate. It was doing very poorly in my sand...but it loves the flourite. Are you dosing excel? Alot of people Ive noticed are having trouble with excel and even random stem plants and such...could also been dipped in to strong of a bleach solution to kill any algae, I really seared my Itallian vals a few weeks ago doing that. Its hard to say really...sorry for your loss none the less.

DrNic
05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm going to have some of the same type of ludwig available in about a week or so. PM me if you'd like another bunch to try. :hmm3grin2orange: