PDA

View Full Version : Site Update

William
03-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Internet have finally allowed me to update the site as planned for a long time.
There are no changes to the forum this time yet. (will change the navigation tomorrow) There is however a number of changes which I hope you will like such as:

- The species archive can now be browsed by common and scientific name and not just scientific. A feature many of you have requested.
- The navigation has been changed so you know can go directly to the different article sections without having to go through the main article page. (this change will be made to the forum as well.)
- New article sections. Some fish types that previously were in larger categories have now gotten their own.
- Buy and sell section has its own link in the left menu (again not in the forum yet)
- 30 + New articles have been added. These 30 articles are among other things about: Texas Cichlid (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/../cichlid/texas.php) , Tiger Barb (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/../barbs/tigerbarb.php), Neon Tetra (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/../tetrafish/neontetra.php)
- Links to related articles have been added beneath the articles.
I am sure there are some other changes as well that I forgot but I believe those are the main ones.

As always. Send me a PM if you find something that isn't working. I might have missed something.

I will as earliered mentioned change the forum navigation tomorrow.

The next update I am working on after this one is improving the fish disease section by adding info on 30 more fish diseases among other things. I am hoping to have that update done as well before the end of the month if I can find the time to write the articles.

Want to request an update? Send me a Pm or even better an email to admin@aquaticcommunity.com

crackatinny
03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Great to see the best fish forum on the net continuosly getting even better:thumb:

kimmers318
03-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Looking forward to seeing some of the updates that I had hoped to see way back when when I first started coming here!
As always, William, if you need pics for any species pages that I can help you out with, just ask. The more common fish I can probably even get pics from my local Petsuppliesplus, they know me quite well by now and would probably let me get some pics!

thumbs2: William

Lady Hobbs
03-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Sounds good and am anxious to see all the new goodies. Hope to see Angelfish in it's own catagory as it's an often talked about fish?

Incredulous_Ed
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
hey, that pretty cool!

*Sarah*
03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds wonderful! Thank you William.

William
03-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes, Kimmers some of this have been in the works for a long time. Just had problem doing it in the old software. Any moe updates you requested way back than that I haven't done yet. If so remind me. The new site is much easier to make such changes to so hopefully I will be able to do it now.

Hobbs. I am sorry but Angelfish hasn't gotten their own article section yet (as you can see if you visit AC main page) but I could give them their own forum.

Lady Hobbs
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks. That's what I meant anyway. :)

jeffs99dime
03-04-2007, 02:59 AM
you're the man william! good stuff!

Chrona
03-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Cool!

How about a livebearer section? Lots of people have been asking for one as of late.

cocoa_pleco
03-04-2007, 04:33 AM
and how about a section on crayfish and shrimp?

William
03-04-2007, 07:32 AM
In the forum or an article section. ( I have allready added a livebearer article category)

I appriciate all suggestions. Keep em coming.

Thanks for the nice words jeff and every one else. BTW Jeff I have posted new articles on several of your fish species inluding your keyhole cichlids and some of your tetras.

William
03-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Coco Pleco: I allready have a forum and article sections on invertebrates ingeneral. Your don't think that's enough or do you think those sections should be renamned?

William
03-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Ok. I have added an angelfish and a livebearer forum. The livebearer forum is in the other fish section and the angelfish forum is a subforum to the south american cichlids forum.

I have also updated the navigation. I am aware that some text links are a bit to long (central american cihlids for one) and will look into that. As a result of the update some linkforums have been removed (all discussion forums are still there). The links to the gallery and buy & sell sections are now found in the left menu.

My blog is temporary removed from the menu while I contemplate it's future since I haven't had time to post much in it and think it would be strange to post about non fish related parts of my life. (right/wrong?)

Incredulous_Ed
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Once again William, a fantastic update!

William
03-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks Ed. It always nice to hear that you are heading in the right direction.

nikipate
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
William,

I joined in December and I am just thrilled with this site. You are doing such a great job and I really appreciate the time you put into the site. I haven't had a chance yet to check out the changes but I know they will be great. Thanks again for running such a great forum.

Also thanks to all the mods and everyone else who makes this a wonderful place to be.....thumbs2:

William
03-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Thanks Nikipate. Nice to hear.

And I to would like to thanks the mods. They deserve to be thanked!