PDA

View Full Version : Any Feedback on somethingsphishy.com please

sushiray
05-12-2009, 06:11 AM
I am looking to venture back into raising discus (it's been 20+ yrs so a bit rusty). :ssmile:
www.somethingsphishy.com looks like a great online seller considering you see all the great reviews but no bad reviews. with so many tempting varieties & such great sales/prices, I have been dreaming for the day... but, I have such horror stories about them I have been put into a holding pattern. appreciate anyone who has dealt with them directly for your feedback. at this point after checking different feedback sites - it's a no brainer - buyer beware or is it buyer be scared! thx all! :scry:

Gemini
05-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I am looking to venture back into raising discus (it's been 20+ yrs so a bit rusty). :ssmile:
www.somethingsphishy.com looks like a great online seller considering you see all the great reviews but no bad reviews. with so many tempting varieties & such great sales/prices, I have been dreaming for the day... but, I have such horror stories about them I have been put into a holding pattern. appreciate anyone who has dealt with them directly for your feedback. at this point after checking different feedback sites - it's a no brainer - buyer beware or is it buyer be scared! thx all! :scry:
I have not read anything positive about them. Try a google search on them. I would not buy from him.
Here's a link to a previous thread we had about them... http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=10013&highlight=somethingsphishy

ILuvMyGoldBarb
05-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I have no personal experience with that site but I can direct you to a list of reputable site.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
I know that site only has reputable sponsors on it's site. You are bound to get a bad egg once in a while, but form everything I've heard, they are all quite good.

Northernguy
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I hope you find the Discus you are searching for!
Just make sure your tank has a very established cycle first.
I would try and find a local breeder!

korith
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I would avoid that site. Came across this thread on monsterfishkeepers, http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109390

The guy who posted it linked up to a bunch of other complaints about somethingsphishy.com from other sites as well, including the bbb.

A few searches on google, showed up lots of other complaints on other fish forums about the somethingsphishy. Probably not the greatest site name if you were gonna be a crummy company.

korith
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmm the more I look at stuff about this site, there are so many complaints about it. It's hard not to stop reading, amazing the guy is still in business.

Oh there is a similar named company in ohio which is called something phishy which is apparently ok. Maybe the guy running somethingsphishy site was trying to use the reputation of the of the ohio store.

CTD
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I think the name speaks for itself!

Wild Turkey
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
The name sure does speak for itself. I would avoid them and any other company that has a reputation for ignoring contact emails and such.

twoputt
05-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd avoid shops that don't list their street address or allow you to visit.