PDA

View Full Version : Anal worms ? white lumps on fins

chokky
03-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi I have a couple of problems I am hoping someone can help me with , I have 2 about oscars about 8in long in a 4 foot tank I had problems with fungus for a while but now have ph steady between 6.8 and 7 has completely disapeared . I know I will get told off but I was sold some small goldfish for food about 6 weeks ago the oscars didnt eat them but they did such a good job of cleaning the tank that they stayed on , about 3 weeks ago I noticed small redish brown things around the anus of my albino obout 5ml long and maybee 2 or 3 times the width of a hair she (if thats what she is ) is eating fine and picking on my tiger as normal but is madly excavating the floor of the tank also about a week ago one of the golfish developed two white lumps on its tail fin thats when I found out the horible truth about goldfish and diseases they are now gone unfortunately my alino now has 3 white lumps on her pectoral fins growing on the boney rib like parts ( sorry I dont know the scientific name ) her behavior is normal can someone please help I am afraid she is going to or is already very sick :(

William
03-05-2006, 10:08 AM
DO you have any pictures?

NorthernBoy
04-11-2006, 08:35 PM
3 weeks ago I noticed small redish brown things around the anus of my albino obout 5ml long and maybee 2 or 3 times the width of a hair

My old Red Oscar's showed this often. Are you sure that it is not just poop. Mine showed this after I started feeding him larger floating pellets by Hikari Excel and Frozen Bloodworms(about once a week). They were also snacking on my firemouth fry. Bring a sample to your local store and they can diagnose the "worm" if you don't think that it is poop.