PDA

View Full Version : Problems feeding my discus

bengy
03-01-2006, 01:50 AM
SO i have a 150 gallon aquarium with only two discus and a couple angelfish in it and i am having trouble getting to eat. Im thinking is because my aquarium is huge? or something along those lines? i have tried feedin freeze dried brine shrimp and they dont even go to the top of the water to even see it. i have tried also omega one flake food and the generic tetra flake food but
none of it catches there attention and i have yet to see them eat. i am very worried about them. please help!!!!!

badbelaire
03-02-2006, 05:09 AM
[vb quote="bengy"]SO i have a 150 gallon aquarium with only two discus and a couple angelfish in it and i am having trouble getting to eat. Im thinking is because my aquarium is huge? or something along those lines? i have tried feedin freeze dried brine shrimp and they dont even go to the top of the water to even see it. i have tried also omega one flake food and the generic tetra flake food but
none of it catches there attention and i have yet to see them eat. i am very worried about them. please help!!!!![/quote]

I had the same problem with my silvertip sharks, they eventually died. my problem i finally learned was my p.h. level was at about 6.0 or less thus when i put them in it was too much of a shock for them causing them to not eat and die, since fixing my p.h. problem I have not had any problems introducing new fish. Is this a new tank? make sure the p.h. and other levels are correct.