PDA

View Full Version : LFS section

SouthernGal0682
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Heres my thought...

I think it would be interesting to have a section that is divided up by states where we could go to our state and post info about our LFS. Things like which ones we like, which ones we don't like, price comparisons, what cool fish they just got in, etc.

*Sarah*
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
That sounds like a neat idea...but make sure you do Canadian Provinces too!!!

Lady Hobbs
03-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I wish I had one I could complain about!

SouthernGal0682
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I think it would have to be a forum with sub-forums being the different states...or Canadian proviences :thumb:

Incredulous_Ed
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a fantastic idea!!!

Severus
03-02-2007, 04:01 AM
I think it is a great idea. Almost like a LFS Directory!

Chrona
03-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Great idea. We'll need moderator support to keep it from devolving into another Walmart bash-a-thon though ;)

Severus
03-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Great idea. We'll need moderator support to keep it from devolving into another Walmart bash-a-thon though ;)

That is a great point Chrona. It will need some heavy modding

SouthernGal0682
03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
I mostly just thought it would be neat to have so that we could say "hey...such and such got that cichlid in that you were looking for!!" Also, might discover some new stores that we never knew were there.

Lady Hobbs
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I wonder if any legal issues would arise from someone black-balling a particular LPS? Far as I see, it's just freedom of speech but I'd hate to see the site get into trouble for listing a particular shop as rotten.

I think it would probably have to be a more "preferred" list than a rotten list. LOL It would be neat, tho, to be able to enter your zip code and get the "preferred" shops within 200 miles for example........as well as preferred breeders.

jeffs99dime
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
the only problem i see with it is: what about all the other members from different countries? there are a lot of them here. very good idea though!

SouthernGal0682
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Hadn't really thought of the whole zip code thing...But I know that some of the other boards on the internet have similar sections so I don't think there is any legal issues. It would be something like this...

Forum

Local Info
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Etc, Etc Etc,

Then you clicked on your state and said...Hi! I'm from Virginia and I am traveling to the Virginia Beach area, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I should stop to shop for fish stuff...hehe

Then for the people from different countries we could have..
Canada
Germany
Etc, etc.

*Sarah*
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Hadn't really thought of the whole zip code thing...But I know that some of the other boards on the internet have similar sections so I don't think there is any legal issues. It would be something like this...

Forum

Local Info
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Etc, Etc Etc,

Then you clicked on your state and said...Hi! I'm from Virginia and I am traveling to the Virginia Beach area, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I should stop to shop for fish stuff...hehe

Then for the people from different countries we could have..
Canada
Germany
Etc, etc.

I think it's a great idea, but again, I'll just say that it would need to be divided up a bit more. I mean, Cocoa_Pleco and I are both Canadians, BUT I'm in Ontario, and he's in Alberta. That's almost DOUBLE the distance from say, Hershey PA to Miami FL...we're talking about 2192 MILES. So to just say Canada is a VERY broad. It's a big country.

cocoa_pleco
03-03-2007, 07:21 PM
im not driving to ontario, id have to go through saskatchewan, manitoba, and whats beside that? i need a geography lesson. lol