PDA

View Full Version : About the new moderators

William
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I want to post and officially say that the fact that we choose the person we choose as mods does not need that we didnít consider other individuals and it does not mean that we found those individuals less suitable or deserving to become mods. AC has a lot of really deserving people that deserves to become mods. If anything we have too many suitable persons making our choice very hard and meaning that whomever we choose there will always be very deserving members who donít become mods. Why we as a team choose the members we do to become mods can sometimes be hard to understand as it deals with so many other factors than just who the most deserving individual is. I am not going to bore you by going into to it any deeper but trust me when I say that there are a lot of other factors than who is the most deserving member to consider. It is also very hard to say who the most deserving member is. This is exemplified by the fact that I have received a lot of Pms asking why this and that person wasnít chosen as a mod (as I always do) as well as a couple praising the good choices. A total of 15 names have been mentioned in those PMs as candidates that we should have chosen but none of those names have been mentioned twice which says a lot about how many deserving members we have here on AC and how impossible it is to make them all mods.

To all those who feel that we overlooked someone for a mod spot, or feel overlooked themselves, I want to say that I am sorry that you or your candidate wasnít chosen but we have a forum full of fantastic and deserving members which the multitude of names mention in PMs show, and we can not choose al suitable individual. I know all of you will think that your favourite candidate deserves it more than any of the other candidates mentioned but as I said we need to consider more factors than that when we made our choice. Perhaps we need a plant or photo guy/girl on the team, perhaps we need someone in a certain time zone. I can promise you that all deserving members are considered and will be considered next time as well and perhaps you, or your favourite candidate will be chosen then when our needs will be different. It is truly sad that not all deserving members can become mods but it is also truly fantastic to have a forum, to be part of a forum, that has so many fantastic members that this is a problem.

I would like to thank all members for making this the fantastic forum it is. For making it a forum that has the problem of having too many deserving members.:22:

Northernguy
05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
:goldfish: :22: :fish:

Ellen4God
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
What? We have new mods? I'm so out of the loop!! Congrats, new mods!! :)

William - I completely trust you and the current mods to make any decisions. Ya'll are doing a great job. :]

Algenco
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Well I believe William covered it, I would like to add there were numerous names mentioned as potential Mods, those chosen were the ones who received the most votes.
I dislike choosing new Mods, there are so many to chose from.

For those who have a desire to someday be a mod I have 2 bits of advice
1. don't get pulled into an heated argument
2. be very polite and tactful in expressing a differing opinion

Those are the first thoughts that arise when discussing a possible Mod

It takes a lot of self control and a thick hide to do the job properly

bushwhacker
05-06-2009, 01:28 AM
darn i didnt get picked.... LOL that jobs to rough anyway