PDA

View Full Version : lobsters for live sale?

lobsterlob
05-03-2009, 01:52 PM
are there any english sites where i casn buy some live red lobster for my pond? i cant find any...

would crayfish survive in an english pond ( in winter it dips at about -5 c and summer it peaks about 23)?

can you give me any sites that would sell lobster? (english?)

Northernguy
05-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!

I do beleive that crayfish hibernate or something similar over the winter months.They should survive in a pond over the winter.They survive the Winters up here! lol
Your local fish store may sell them or take a trip to a lake and start turning over rocks!

lobsterlob
05-03-2009, 02:06 PM
lobsters/crayfish live in english lakes???? id be soooo surpised if they did...

Northernguy
05-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't think the crayfish care where the lake is but I am pretty sure they are found in most fresh water lakes around the world.
There are a few different species I beleive but they are all very much alike!

lobsterlob
05-03-2009, 02:14 PM
i would still kinda like some sort of english awuarium site that i couold buy a red lobster off.

problem is,, google shows dead eating lobsters... lobster fry comes up with recipes and lobster fries comes up with food too! its unbeatable.

Northernguy
05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Here is a site that will give you info on them.
http://www.planetinverts.com/crayfish_species.html

For purchasing try Aqua-bid! I have no idea where to get them over there but most local fish stores here sell them.

lobsterlob
05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
none for shipping to uk :(

Northernguy
05-03-2009, 02:33 PM
We have lots of members out your way,I'm sure someone will have an idea to help you with your search!:22: