PDA

View Full Version : Red Oscar

marky1
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Everbody ! How are you ? Im a newcomer on this Forum and I have a good first impression so far !
I have a big sized Red Oscar in a 6ft x 4 ft Tank accompanied by a large Pacu and some goldfish .
Unfortunately my Oscar have lately developed a cloudy Eye seemingly the begining of a Pop Eye due to a drop in PH .
Ive cleaned both Filters and made a water change and adjusted the PH level to 8 . Water seems perfect now .
My aquarium dealer said the condition of my OSCAR will fade away on its own without any need of medicine but Im not convinced about this .
Can someone pls give me some advice ?

Fishguy2727
03-01-2007, 02:07 AM
What is the third dimension of the tank? Were the dimensions of the tank length and width? How many gallons? They don't need it all the way up at 8.0. What are you feeding? What filtration do you have? What is your water change schedule? Nitrates should be below 40ppm tops, preferably no higher than 20ppm. If the water quality is high it should be fine, but keep an eye on it and if needed you may have to take chemical steps.

*Sarah*
03-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Severus
03-01-2007, 03:00 AM
Welcome to AC. As Reptileguy said if you provide us with some info about your tank it will help solve your Oscars problem

Incredulous_Ed
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Welcome to AC. I don't know much about oscars, but wouldn't the goldfish feel uncomfortble at the higher temperature needed by oscars?

Fishguy2727
03-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Not necessarily. The issues with high temps in otherwise coolwater species are mainly lower oxygen content (which can be dealt with) and higher metabolism, which means even dirtier (which can also be dealt with). But in general yes, among other things temp is one reason goldfish should not really be in with oscars.

marky1
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone ! Thanks for yout replies and sorry for my delayed post !
Well my Tank water volume is : 581 ltrs or 130 gallons .Temp is 23 - 24 degress celcius .
I thought I had to take urgent measures in treating my Oscar and I was adviced to treat him with MYXAZIN for a 5 day course . Ive put him him in Quarantine with adequate filtration and air .
This is the third day today and his condition looks like its improving gradually .

Ill let you know the final results !

Thanks again Guys !! and let me know if you have some more suggestions thumbs2:

jeffs99dime
03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
welcome to a.c.

Severus
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Good luck with him. Glad to hear he is improving!

marky1
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Severus