PDA

View Full Version : arowana is not eating

michelle
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
hi I'm new to the world of arowanas and all of a sudden mine is not eating anything I try to feed him. any ideas out there?

jeffs99dime
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
hi. welcome to a.c. i moved your thread to the proper "arowanas" section in the forum. thank you--jeff

Severus
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
What is your current feeding schedule and what do you feed him? Have you done anything to him/ his tank lately that might stress him out? Try varying his diet a little and see if he takes to any other foods.

Lady Hobbs
03-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Trying giving him some greens, lettuce, peas, etc. In the wild, fish eat a lot of stuff and are nibbling constantly on roots, leaves, etc. They need more variety than just flakes.

dave mand
04-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I find my arowana can't resist tiger prawns river trout mixed with spinich and a little garlic,The garlic trigers some sort of appitite stimulant in fish and usualy works for me.
top discus breeders swear by it.
Hope you get arry sorted

donvichu
05-22-2008, 05:11 AM
hi I'm new to the world of arowanas and all of a sudden mine is not eating anything I try to feed him. any ideas out there?

Some times overfeeding leads to lose of apetite and the arowana starves itself for a few days,or the other reason could be some change in tank is stressing your fella.