PDA

View Full Version : re-homing Q

abaigael04
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I need to re-home my common. I wanted to keep him and get a 200 in a year or two, but he needs to go :scry: . He hasn't outgrown my 125 but he is getting very grumpy with my L239 - he has claimed the ENTIRE tank as his and even though i spread food out all over the place he swims to right in front of his cave and sits there. My L239 is what I would really like to do with a tank later so he is not going. Especially as he is fully grown at 5" - and will not be getting 2'!. I can bring him to my LFS, but I would rather find him an actual home so I could have some sort of hope that he will be happy. He is well adjusted and eats everything, just is getting more territorial. How can I find him a BIG tank ? Everyone I have found wants to put him in a 50-75 and seeing as I have him in a 125, it makes no sense to down grade his tank especially if he is grumpy in a 125! He/she is 8" and have had for almost 2 years. Any tips on where to look?

Oscar_freak12321
04-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Try Monster Fish Rescue. They can post your fish on the adoption page and that can insure a happy home for him. They take all sorts of fish, and they would be more than happy to take him off your hands to get a good home for him. The only downside about them is they are located in Ohio. They do have a shipping process on their website though. It's pretty effective. That's my best guess.