PDA

View Full Version : My Cichlids Lay down

kb2tfa
04-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I just converted my salt 75gal tank to a fresh water tank.

I bought 3 cichlids. they are blue with dark verticle stripes. not sure what type they are. Can't trust store

I find them laying down from time to time. is this normal, or are they about to die.

No salt is in tank, and left about a handfull of coral to boost ph

any help is appreciated.

ron

leggomypleco
04-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I think the cichlids tend to do this when stressed after a while they should come around

Crispy
04-23-2009, 08:18 PM
sounds like frontosas maybe?? they will do this from time to time....

AABatteries
04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
^ Blue kenyas maybe.

Our african cichlids are always laying around. So, I don't think anything is wrong.

valerie
05-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I have 2 jellybean cichlids and they seem so shy. One just lays down all day and the other one hangs vertically. They seem to be too scared to swim around. I have them in my kitchen and I've had them for months so they should be used to us by now. Any thoughts on this?

Northernguy
05-29-2009, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:
Maybe convicts.Pics would help!
How did you cycle your tank?
When was your last water change?

rangur1
07-05-2009, 03:49 AM
I just converted my salt 75gal tank to a fresh water tank.

I bought 3 cichlids. they are blue with dark verticle stripes. not sure what type they are. Can't trust store

I find them laying down from time to time. is this normal, or are they about to die.

No salt is in tank, and left about a handfull of coral to boost ph

any help is appreciated.

ron
some pseudotropeus demonsoni just "chill out" like that once in a while. but REALLY need pics so we can tell what you are dealing with.

rangur1
07-05-2009, 03:53 AM
I have 2 jellybean cichlids and they seem so shy. One just lays down all day and the other one hangs vertically. They seem to be too scared to swim around. I have them in my kitchen and I've had them for months so they should be used to us by now. Any thoughts on this?
did you just jump this guy's thread?
anyway, i personally never heard of this particular cichlid, but your fish could be acting this way because there is too much activity in area around tank for them. its also possible there is insufficient hiding places for the fish, so they don't feel secure.