PDA

View Full Version : cycled

Gelo_USA
02-26-2007, 03:39 AM
I guess my 40g is cycled
I tested yesterday for ammonia nitrites and nitrates and ph
i got less than .25 for ammonia nitrites were 0 and nitrates were around 30s
I did have a spike on nitrites I think it was wednesday it went up to 4 or 5 around tht so yesterday i did a water change like 50% and added all my fish at once case I had no way to add gradually and got 4 tiger tetras (couldnt resist when I went to petsmart and 3 platys LOL)
I think a weeks is tooooo fast for a cycle to go through all the way right?
I used filter media from my 10g gravel and the big rock and smaller rocks..... pretty much everything tht was on my 10G
and I used BIOZYME too http://www.aquariumsupplydepot.com/product.php/4278103300.html

they are in for the second day today and everything looks fine no signs of stress or anything I will be posting a video later today on the VIDEOS part of the forum so u guys can see what u guys got me into:thumb:

thanks for all the help all of u who know the story of my tank LOL

xoolooxunny
02-26-2007, 03:45 AM
That stuff seems pretty cheap to work that well, but hey, if it did, that was a good find!

Gelo_USA
02-26-2007, 03:51 AM
yea I knw but I will keep an eye on the tank and report here if I have any problems
but for now everything is fine let me give it a week and see what happens

Gelo_USA
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! finally I m not suffocating my fish because of my mistake AGAIN lol
BIOZYME WORKS!!!!!
first day test results was

TEMP 79F
NITRITE 0ppm
NITRATE 20ppm
ph6.5

02/21/07
temp 79 F
nitrites .5ppm
nitrates 30
ph 6.5
kh 0
gh 30
ammonia .5ppm

today.....
temp 79F
nitrites .5
nitrates 30
ph6.5
kh 0
gh 30
ammonia 00000000000!!!!!! hahaaha

I do tests once a week right before I do a 25% water change......
my nitrite still not zero but I will keep an eye on it and post next week results but so far 3 week and it all still going well

Chrona
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Cool, so Biospira and Biozyme have been proven to work. Biozyme doesn't seem to work as fast as Biospira, but hey, it's a lot cheaper.

xoolooxunny
03-03-2007, 07:56 PM
so we have biospira - 30 bucks, over night
then we have biozyme- 4 bucks, 3 days....
I don't think I'll ever be impatient enough to buy biospira!!

Gelo_USA
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
but biozyme on the instructions they say u have to add a fourth of the initial quantity every week
I wont because my fish eats it everytime I was adding it so I will try to go a week without it
it should work if biozyme is really what they advertise....
u dnt need to keep adding cause the colonies stablished already why would u want to throw in more bacteria....

Lady Hobbs
03-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Keep on eye on that water as you just added fish without it fully cycling. You have to have either fish or pure ammonia from a bottle to cycle. No bacteria additive will do it all on it's own. You have to introduce the ammonia to the tank in order to get those nitrites and nitrates altho you may have a small amount right in your tap water.

This ain't over until the fat lady sings. LOL

Gelo_USA
03-11-2007, 03:41 AM
this last week I didnt add any biozyme
everything is still going fine its a week without adding biozyme and this time I will also skip this weekend water change and strat making 25% everyother week and I will keep reporting my progress... lets see if tht biozyme really cycles ur tank LOL

today I got
0 ammonia
.25 nitrites
6.5 ph
0 kh
30 gh
20 nitrates

Chrona
03-11-2007, 03:52 AM
this last week I didnt add any biozyme
everything is still going fine its a week without adding biozyme and this time I will also skip this weekend water change and strat making 25% everyother week and I will keep reporting my progress... lets see if tht biozyme really cycles ur tank LOL

today I got
0 ammonia
.25 nitrites
6.5 ph
0 kh
30 gh
20 nitrates

I would add some baking soda (about 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons) to bring your kH up. As it stands, your water has no buffering capability, and so is extremely vulnerable to pH swings. 1 tsp/20 gallons will bring the kH up to 2 dH, which is a safer level, although you should really aim for 3-4, which would be 1 tsp/10-15 gallons. It will raise your pH a bit, as well as put more total dissolved solids into the water, so add it slowly (1/4 teaspoon per hour) Your soft water is ideal for tetras/angelfish, as well as the acidity, but I would rather prefer (and the fish probably) a stable pH.

Gelo_USA
03-11-2007, 04:00 AM
all the testings I did i got 6.5 as PH so it is stable I guess I m lucky LOL
but if I need I will keep tht in mind..... the tap water here has a ph of 6.5 so I guess I wont be having problems with tht
but thanks its always good to knw ahead of time....