PDA

View Full Version : Quick Snail ?

bluebluecow
04-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi all

Tommorow is w/c day, now in my upstairs tank thats infestied with snails, I need to rearrange the plants some need to come out of pots they are in ect. Now Ive read that bleach kills snail eggs, BUT when do I put the plants in bleach, does it ahrm plants, I presume they need to be rinsed well before put back, or is it worth sopaking them in water for 24hrs before oing back, but that would leave a bare tank

any ideas??

My cucumber trap worked well the other night got a good load out then, took toose to my mums as she has some BIG clown loaches who love snails, and will put some in my downstairs tank, as after I do I find empty snail shells so the loachs are working downstairs.

I need to move the loaches from upstairs to down if I can catch them as they are being pestered by the siamese

liz

Northernguy
04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I dip my plants in a very mild bleach and water solution then rinse them under tap water.I soak them for 24hrs in a bucket of dechlorinated water before adding them back to my tank.
Good luck with the snails.
I tore my tank down and changed my substrate to get rid of my pond snail problem.