PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriends Betta...

Jaster
04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Well about a month ago I managed to talk my girlfriend into letting me take her poor betta out his small prison bowl and put him into my old Eclipse 3 gallon. Well he liked it and all went well.
I got to thinking about adding a Bristlenose pleco (since she absolutely loves mine) to the tank and figured the 3 gallon is just too small for them both. So for her birthday next week I'm thinking of getting her a 10 gallon set up and a young Albino BN like mine. I figure if he gets bigger I can put him in one of my tanks (I have 2 or so 10-15 gallon setups coming soon for all my fry that I have to save... kids and g/f think they're cute so I don't get sleep that night if I'm not saving some before they become Angel food...)
Anyway... He's been king of the tank but is pretty mellow. He's a wicked slob and pig though and the bottom of the tank is always a mess (a bit of the g/f over feeding I think helps that out some...shhhh...) She doesn't want snails or shrimp (thinks they're "icky"...lol) and I don't think a 10 gallon is enough for a few coricats. (she's not big on those either... like the BNs more) He son has frogs already so those are out too. She's had enough of frogs... so I guess my question is would a BN be ok with a betta? I'm planning on a couple decorations/caves that he could hide in as well.

Any thoughts?
Thanks all!

Jaster
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
sorry for the double post...

I was curious about guppys too... how would they do with a Betta?

Ryuu
04-18-2009, 12:59 AM
The BN would be fine with the betta, they probably won't even acknowlage eachother. As for the guppys, if I'm not mistaken the males tend to be a bit fin nippish, but you could try anyways. With guppys if you want babies get one male for every three females.

Little Embers
04-18-2009, 01:48 AM
I have heard that guppys don't make good tankmates for bettas. The betta may tend to see a brightly coloured/longfinned guppy as competition and become aggressive towards it!

ndntakeover
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
i think albino cories can go in a 10 gallon and should be fine with a betta.

you could also try some danios : )

thats how i have mine set up