PDA

View Full Version : Adf

Ellen4God
04-16-2009, 02:57 AM
I went to the beach for a few days (Sunday-Wednesday). I've left for a few days before with no problems, but when I got back this time, my three ADFs were dead. :o They look like they got some sort of fungus or something. :scry:

cocoa_pleco
04-16-2009, 03:25 AM
ive never had luck with those guys, they either go MIA within a week or die within a couple days. i only have luck with albino clawed frogs

mommy1
04-16-2009, 03:29 AM
sorry ellen :11:

fishymommy
04-22-2009, 02:34 AM
I've done pretty well with the AFD but I know what you mean with the fungus. My last little guy got it all over his feet and no matter what I did to try and treat it, it only got worse and worse until it ate his feet and he died. It was so sad. I'm sorry to hear about your little guys.

Dave66
04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Chytridiomycosis is wiping out amphibians world wide, and is most likely the cause of death of your dwarf frogs. The fungus is transmuted in captivity by people sticking bare hands in infected tanks, then later in uninfected tanks.

The fungus is responsible for the extinction of around 125 amphibian species world wide over the last 15 years. Tropical streams formerly rift with frogs are now silent. All remaining of those species are kept in captivity in an 'ark' until the disease puzzle is solved.

Dave

Ellen4God
04-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the sorry's, ya'll. Thanks for the great info, Dave!! I knew there was a fungus that they could get - just couldn't remember the name of it. Pretty sad that they died. :-\