PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish getting bullied?

Chrona
02-25-2007, 12:14 AM
How well do angelfish respond to getting chased? lol. After replacing my gravel with Flourite, my guppy, who has always had kind of a mean streak, has been chasing my silver dollar size altum angel quite a bit. It used to be an occasional nip that would be reciprocated by the angel, but now it's more like completely one sided chase around the tank for 3-4 seconds every minute or so. The guppy also chases my Siamese Algae eater alot, but my SAE is much faster and never gets touched. I guess I shouldn't have added the guppy first -_-

On the bright side, my cardinal tetras are no longer nipping at my angelfish though!

I guess I may need to return the guppy. I'd feel kinda bad though, because I bought her when she was pregnant, and 4 fry are growing up in the same tank atm (albeit with a divider)

cocoa_pleco
02-25-2007, 03:00 AM
hmmm, i dont think slow graceful fish like angels like being nipped.

Chrona
02-25-2007, 03:05 AM
Well, angelfish are supposed to be semi-aggressive right? I figured semi-agressive fish coped better with that chasing. The fighting is only during the day it appears. I checked in with just enough light to see and nothing was happening.

cocoa_pleco
02-25-2007, 03:21 AM
i nev3r thought guppies could be aggressive. well, i guess theyll be ok

Chrona
02-25-2007, 03:36 AM
Well, my tank is from the Twilight Zone it seems. One of my cardinal tetras used to nip at the Angel too...lol

Chrona
02-25-2007, 04:04 AM
OOOOHHHHHHHH

Turns out my angelfish looks more like a half-black angelfish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2517

Which apparently are PEACEFUL???? lol, what the heck. I need to get a bad-a$$ angelfish that will snap the rest of my tank into line...lol

cocoa_pleco
02-25-2007, 05:06 AM
my wild caught angel could get b*tchy at times, but was often peaceful unless something really ticked him off

Lady Hobbs
03-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Your angel looks pretty. At least the pic of the one that looks like your angel.

I have 5 Pterophyllum scalares (wild silvers) 2 golds and 2 marbles. I'd like to have a couple all black but getting too many now. Breeding has yet to begin!!

Did you know Pterophyllum is pronounced "tare-oh-fill-um". Some of these proper names are about mouthfulls!

Chrona
03-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks Hobbs

I returned the guppy. All is well again......until the fry grow up? lol