PDA

View Full Version : Turtle stufff..

Muhammad Zuhail
04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Hello,

Could anybody tell me how long does it take for a turtle to start breeding..
Suppose now the turtle size is approximately 3cm...
Please recommend some good food items for them as well..food which can be found within the household specially...
please tell me how do identify the males and females as well....

troy
04-10-2009, 01:13 AM
We will need to know the species of turtle to answer your question.

Muhammad Zuhail
04-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah thats so true..I dunno the name of the turtle but these guys are from Singapore i guess and they have a little bit dark green shell and there lower body has some funny designs black in colour..They are very very small....Thats all i sould give...Anyway please tell me in average how long does it take for turtles to breed...Any please tell some good food for them...

shockshockshad
04-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm extremely sorry, but (I'm not a turtle expert) I don't know the type of turtle your talking about because i dont know any turtles from singapore, all turtles start out small, and a lot of turtles have dark shells with markings. Sorry, but I think other members would benefit and could help more if you had the name.

Muhammad Zuhail
04-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Ok, ill try and get the name of these ones..
Could you please recommend what type of food should i give them...
And also i heard that turtles harm the other fishes in the tank..Is this true?
Do other fishes harm turtles..If then what kind of fish harm turtles...
Please recommend some kind of fish to put along with the turtles....

Muhammad Zuhail
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Here is the name..

Red Ear Slider Turtles i guess...Is there a turtle named like this....I guess there is...Anyway how long does it take for these guys to breed. Its almost 2" now. What should i feed them...Any natural stuff would be recommended..

aquasteph
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes there is such a turtle as a red eared slider. Does he/she have red markings on the side of it's head? Then that should be it. I attached a photo, check it out and see if yours looks like that. The turtle in the picture has some intense red markings, mine on my turtle are not quite that bright, they are more of a duller red.

I have had a female red-ear for 12 years and she did lay an egg only once. Can't help you much though because she's always been alone, no male.

Yes, she will try to eat other fish in the tank if they are small enough & she can catch them. Turtles are generally kind of slow, but if they can corner their pray they will eat them. I wouldn't suggest putting any expensive fish in with it.

My turtle eats all kind of stuff, lettuce, onions, grapes, banana, grass, beef, etc. But I do suggest feeding them store bought food because it comes with a lot of added nutrients that the turtle needs.

Good luck!

Muhammad Zuhail
04-20-2009, 03:15 AM
wow, Nice turtle pic. gods creations are awesome..

No its not like this..the shell is green in colour not brown..they are really really small..They swim kinda fast and also if there are many they bask sitting on top of each other almost pasted . that is lovely to watch..

they have a pure green shell, dark yellow chest with black markings on it.

herc
05-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Oh,that one,he eats everything,fish,shrimp,meat,whatever u could get,and when its like 10cm in the length,it starts breeding,and about the male and female,check the belly,if its flat,then its a femle,and if its hollowed,then its a male