PDA

View Full Version : Help!

slingham64
02-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone....

well i just joined this forum, about a month into a ten gallon aquarium, and just two hours ago aquired a 30 Gallon salt water aquarium! I know this forum is for fresh water, at least I think it is. But can anyone help me.

I have it set up without anything plugged in an the water level is about a quarter full cause of transportation. but he said it has live sand an there's a bunch of like corral rocks in there an there's a few snails an crabs, real small. it's midnight so there's not much i can do, but what should i do first thing tomorrow to maintain the live sand an corral an then have time to research salt water tanks.

Thanks for any help!

kimmers318
02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Not knowledgeable on saltwater, but I am sure just like freshwater you need your filter system (and skimmer if equipped) to be running to continue filtering the water and keep the good bacteria alive. The live rock I am pretty sure is a great source of good bacteria and will help you thru the transportation to keep things healthier, but make sure you do all of your research before trying to add anything once you are settled with the tank. Watch your water parameters for a couple of weeks to assess how the move may have affected everything.
Good luck....saltwater is beautiful, and I am sure it won't be long before you are a pro with a great looking tank!

Fishguy2727
02-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Fill it up with premixed saltwater, then start monitorign things like salinity, temp, pH, etc. You will also need to monitor ammonia in case things died during transportation.

cocoa_pleco
02-24-2007, 08:14 PM
:1: :1: :1: :1: Ditto with reptileguy