PDA

View Full Version : White spots on discus

silent_thunder
04-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Any ideas what these white spots are the this discus keeps getting? He is one of a pair and the female never gets these one her?

How to treat this?

Thanks alot!

ILuvMyGoldBarb
04-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Almost looks like nips from the female to me. Females will sometimes nip at the sides of the male.

Dkarc
04-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Definetly not normal. Though nothing alarming, I would increase water changes to keep the water quality as high as possible. Most likely it is a parasite problem, so I would start with a 4ppt long term salt bath. Give it a week or so and if it is no better I would move onto other treatments, but lets start with the salt and water changes. A lot of times these problems go away just by doing that.

-Ryan

kennedpa
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
If only one of em is getting it...Is he stressed ? , is he showing those dark vertical line all the time???? ...If he is then that is not a good sign...usually if a discuss is stressed and parasites, infections etc will attack the weaker or stressed. I have never seen a female or male create nip marks like that. Sure they bitch about chasing each other etc,,,,but neva seen nips

rangur1
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
given this particular fish i say ich or hole in the head disease.