PDA

View Full Version : Murder at maurice avenue!

Paw Broon
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Ok my sister has a betta that is in with 2 panda corys 12 neons and 8 glowlights, and a while back i suspect the betta had ripped a lot of fin from a panda and it died. Seems when a tablet is dropped in for the corys the betta gets aggressive and chases them even though it has been fed. Anyway last night she came into my room and said the betta had a neon in its mouth shaking it about like a shark or croc does with it's prey, we then put it in a breeder net and it died shortly after.

She has a small tank about 3 gallon that i said to put the betta in but she seems reluctant because she doesn't have enough plugs so does anyone think putting a small adapter on an adapter that is already hooked up to the plug socket is a bad idea? She has a small filter and i said small heaters don't cost much. Also if not do you think if she sat the tank on top of the big one it would get enough heat from the top?

LadyHatred
04-04-2009, 01:38 PM
The adapters you are talking about, are they the type that plug into the wall and give you like 4 plugs instead of two? Or are you talking about a power bar?

Hooking adapters or power bars together is a bad idea in general. You can get larger power bars with 10 plugs. And to be honest, a powerbar is the way to go. They normally have built in surge protection. Just read the box/packaging to make sure it's aproved for aquarium use.

If plugging in more equipment is totally out of the question, how about one of those betta barracks? Some hang in your "community" tank, allow filtration/heat ect from the main tank to flow through, as well as having room for your betta to swim about. You might even be able to add a small plant or two for him to rest in.

IMO, I dont think setting a tank ontop of another tank would provide enough consistant heat.

Cheers! :11:

Paw Broon
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
The adapters you are talking about, are they the type that plug into the wall and give you like 4 plugs instead of two? Or are you talking about a power bar?

Hooking adapters or power bars together is a bad idea in general. You can get larger power bars with 10 plugs. And to be honest, a powerbar is the way to go. They normally have built in surge protection. Just read the box/packaging to make sure it's aproved for aquarium use.

If plugging in more equipment is totally out of the question, how about one of those betta barracks? Some hang in your "community" tank, allow filtration/heat ect from the main tank to flow through, as well as having room for your betta to swim about. You might even be able to add a small plant or two for him to rest in.

IMO, I dont think setting a tank ontop of another tank would provide enough consistant heat.

Cheers! :11:

Ok that answers that question then i have two power bars in my room hooked up to each other because i only have one socket but i'm gonna get one with 10 plugs now as 10's what i'm currently using, thanks!

And i'll have a look at these barracks, do you have any links to one i just searched but can't seem to find much on them.

Paw Broon
04-04-2009, 02:19 PM
sorry but i cant find much on powerbars too, is there another name for these?

LadyHatred
04-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Betta Barracks:

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=122&PROD_ID=01109390010101

Power Bars:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&N=0&Ntk=level1&Ntt=power%20strip&Nty=1&D=power%20strip&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&s=true

Cheers!

Edit* I realize you are not in Canada, this is more so you can see what it looks like. Perhaps you will know what they are called in your area?

Paw Broon
04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Betta Barracks:

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=122&PROD_ID=01109390010101

Power Bars:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&N=0&Ntk=level1&Ntt=power%20strip&Nty=1&D=power%20strip&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&s=true

Cheers!

Edit* I realize you are not in Canada, this is more so you can see what it looks like. Perhaps you will know what they are called in your area?

Yeah i was just gonna say that, thanks yeah i'll have a look around some catalogues or something should be able to find something. Those barracks seem a little small though.