PDA

View Full Version : Is API Leaf Zone Aquarium Fertilizer a good fertilizer?

Zodiac007
04-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I want to use it for my heavily planted 75 gallon. Most of the plants are low light requirments. I'm using 1 aqua glo 48" and 1 flora glo 48". I'm also use Flourish Excel. I'm not using any CO2. I adjusted the water current to the lowest on my Aqua Clear 70 and Aqua Clear 20 so that it keeps more CO2 in the water. I have 2" of sand substrate.

So do you recommend API Leaf Zone Aquarium Fertilizer? It's also a top seller at Petsmart.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754007

Lady Hobbs
04-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I use Leaf Zone and I like it. I like most everything by API, actually.

NickFish
04-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Its an ok fertilizer, but its not the best.

If you look at the nutrients, it is lacking many of the important ones compared to other fertilizers like Flourish.
Not to mention that some fertilizers are inbalanced, which could lead to additional algae.

Its better than nothing, but Flourish is far superior.
Flourish only liquid fert brand I would ever use.

Anomaly
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Never used API Leaf Zone, but I am currently using Seachem Flourish on our 20 gallon long planted tank. No complaints so far . . . no algae and the plants are still alive, so I'm happy with it. I did quite a bit of research before deciding on any ferts and found that the Seachem Flourish along with the Seachem Flourish Root Tabs seemed the best.

Lady Hobbs
04-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Whatever you use, you will probably not want full doses since you have low light plants.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
04-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Before determining what dose to use, it is important to know what the biomass of your plants is. Is your tank heavily, moderately, or lightly planted?