PDA

View Full Version : Stupid food question

Lauren B.
02-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

I hate to be a dummy(!) but I have to ask a few questions about foods. When my tank is cycled, I plan to get Harlequin Rasboras. I've read in several places "feed a variety of flake food, pellets, frozen foods" (not just for rasboras, but for many tropicals). What exactly does this mean? I plan to feed my guys Hikari Micro Pellets and supplement with Hikari Tubifex Cubes. Would it be a good idea to purchase a flake as well? Hikari makes Flake Tropical, but it's a little difficult to find (I will however, order it online if adding it to their diet will be better for my fish). Would they need frozen foods as well, or will these three be enough? I'm just not sure how much variety they need in their variety! :41:

Lady Hobbs
02-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Flake food is fine for rasbora's. Other types like romaine lettuce, zucchini, peas, frozen blood worms and a whole variety of foods. Rasbora's will do fine on flakes. It's doubtful they would even eat pellets. Tubifex worms contain a lot of fat and not always very good for fish. Personally, I'd stick with just flakes.

Lady Hobbs
02-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Flake food is fine for rasbora's. Other types like romaine lettuce, zucchini, peas, frozen blood worms and a whole variety of foods. Rasbora's will do fine on flakes. It's doubtful they would even eat pellets. Tubifex worms contain a lot of fat and not always very good for fish. Personally, I'd stick with just flakes.