PDA

View Full Version : Compatible or not?

Ashley
04-03-2009, 01:19 AM
So I have a few options for my 30 gallon tank throughout the finishing cycle stages:

6 Gold cloud minnows
4 platys
2-3 otto cats
1 furcatas rainbow
4 cherry shrimp

or

6 gold cloud minnows
6 zebra danios
2-3 otto cats
1 furcatas rainbow
4 cherry shrimp

or

6 gold cloud minnows
4 furcatas rainbow
2-3 ottos
6 tetra of some sort
2 cherry shrimp

what do you think is best. I also have 3 java ferns which are also reproducing. the fish will slowly be added ofcourse by the twos every other week. Current water quality is ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate - 0, PH 7.5, water temp is 78. If you guys have any other better combos please share.

Amazon
04-03-2009, 01:24 AM
i choose the third one but be careful with the shrimp

good luckthumbs2:

Ashley
04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Also, in case anyone is wondering why I have only one furcatas rainbow in two of the options is because I am a little sceptical on getting more. I previously had four, and three died. Then I added two more a week back for the one that remained and they died as well. So i have the one survivor that is very healthy and active that has survived both times. I think the big als that I got them from had an unhealthy batch of Furcatas. I have heard that big als is not really a good place to get fish, as they usually die with both beginners and experts alike. So I'm currently looking for somewhere better. If I find Furcatas in a new place then I will get more. But I don't want to waste anymore money at big als since their Furcatas are 5.99 each!

Red
04-03-2009, 02:13 AM
I would go with the third one too..