PDA

View Full Version : White Spots on my silver shark

MudBlood
02-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I have noticed tonight, when I came home from work that I have white spots on my silver shark and that his fins are missing chunks, not large chunks but enough to be noticeable.

Any suggestions?? Should I quarantine him from the other fish in the tank????

I do regular water changes of at least 30% of the total volume at least every 3rd day and have 2 of the aerated filters in operation in that tank

Cheers,

Mud.

William
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
quarantine him sounds like a good idea. After that I would look at som picture of ich/ick to se if the fish has ich/ick.

MudBlood
02-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Went and got a broad spectrum desiese cure today and added that to the tank, also setup the spare tank and am cycling it for a few hours before i put the shark in there.

Cheers,

Mud.

DemonShark
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I looked up these white spots for you and it is a commom disease Tiny white spots cover the fins a body. A very common parasitic ailment that some aquarists believe lies dormant in every aquarium ready to afflict weak fishes. This will need a quarantine as Mr.William suggested. The way to kill the parasite is during when it is seeking a new host just add anit parasitc wich is extreamly effective. Hope that helps!

DemonShark
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Forgot to say treat the main aquarim becasue this can and proubly will affect all fish that this fish was with.