PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Snails

Kyle
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a few snails in my 10g an Astrea, 3 nassarius, and I think the other is a mexican turbo, well I just looked and found my astrea on its back and hurry and flipped him over, he was moving and then stopped and hasnt moved in about an hour so I hope he is ok. Glad my nassarius can right themselves. You have to worry about snails flipping on their back or worry about hermits killing each other (or snails) for shells, cant there be peace in saltwater lol

tim k
03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
At least you have snails , all I have is rock , algae and some feather dusters to look at :hmm3grin2orange: .

Tim K

Kyle
03-31-2009, 09:46 PM
I liked my feather dusters I had, then one day they shot themselves out of the tube and died :scry:

kaybee
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
In the snails' defense, in the wild astreas don't dwell in rocky areas (most would end up on their backs or wedged and die or fall victim to predators while in that vulnerable state). Rather, they're found in seagrass areas where righting themselves is an extremely easy feat due to the abundance of vegatation in their reach. They're kind of out of their element in a live rock environment.

Kyle
05-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Well I want to continue my thoughts on stupid snails, I just found two sitting on the ground behind my tank, I have no idea how they got out :scry:

Kyle
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
OMG I could see that the snails looked like they were really sucked back up into their shells so I put them in a small cup of water from the tank just being hopefull and ones alive!! Hes moving around

toddnbecka
05-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Ya gotta be tough if you're stupid... :hmm3grin2orange: