PDA

View Full Version : Fungus

Juannie
02-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Hey guys,
HELP! I have a large black moor whom had fungus a few months ago. We got over that (which was a problem for about 2-3mths) and he was looking fine and healthy. We had hot weather then suddenly he had little white dots all over his tail and a tiny bit of fungus on his head. i've medicated the tank and the fungus from his head has gone but the dots are still there. My other 3 fish never ever get fungus problems so it's rather odd. Can anyone suggest any remedies?? I hate seeing him get this all the time.
I medicated the tank 5 days ago so will water change tonight and try adding Pimafix & Melafix together to see if this helps as well.

cocoa_pleco
02-22-2007, 05:06 AM
melafix and pemafix comboed PWNS.

The small white dots are just probably hosts of the ich. treat the tank for a min of 2 weeks to kill the adult parisites

Juannie
02-23-2007, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE=cocoa_pleco]melafix and pemafix comboed PWNS.

What does PWNS stand for (sorry)

Chrona
02-23-2007, 02:52 AM
He means the Melafix and Pimafix combo works great.

PWNS is short for powns, which means to uh....well...basically it means it's awesome in this context.

Juannie
02-23-2007, 02:55 AM
DOH! Thank you. Fingers crossed they'll work for my black moor as i don't want to loose him. Does anyone know whether black moors are more susceptible to disease than other goldies, he is the only one that gets sick.

cocoa_pleco
02-23-2007, 03:27 AM
LOL, sorry about that. yeah, the 2 comboed in conjunction work good

Juannie
05-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Well everyone I have been trying everything, nothing is working and there are spots all over his tail but no where else. I have the temp on 28C and they seem to love it. He eats fine along with the others but I cannot get rid of the damn spots, if anyone has anymore suggestions I would be most grateful. Not one of my other goldfish has the problem.

cocoa_pleco
05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
i cant remember what its called exactly, but i have 2 suggestions.

1- melochryne????? (cant remember the name, i dont have my book on me) fights fungus, but you can also try the mardel fungus treatment with BIO_SPHYRES. Worked really well for me

Juannie
05-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Thank you, I haven't heard of that one here in Oz. I'll keep looking for it though, he's still really healthy i changed their diet to Hikari as well and it's made a huge difference, on the other cheaper brands he wasn't as energetic and now he's in fine form with the rest. I appreciate all the help!:22: