PDA

View Full Version : Should i put snails on the menu?

escamosa
03-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Because my sons tank has a nice population of small snails in it that we try to keep to a minimum, i was thinking that my two Bolivian Rams might like to eat them after i squish em a bit.
My Gouramis used to pick at them a bit but i don't know if i should drop them in the Rams tank. What do you think?

Mith
03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Depends on how you squish them. Now there's the finger pinch method, commonly used in the southern USA states.... then there's the foot squish method (shoes optional)... then there's the book closing between the pages method. All of the above would be very acceptable
"Squoosh" methods.... however, for efficiency and sosioeconomic purposes....I highly recommend the "have your son blindfolded and hand them to him saying they're jellie beans that need to be mashed for jelly bean soup....method!

I hope you have found my feedback helpful and beneficial!

I have recently cycled a tank and I feel this qualifies me as an expert!

Good day!

travie
03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a free meal and a great plan.

Lady Hobbs
03-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I do not like snails and I squish everyone I see except those that are too big and too juicy and it bothers me. My loaches killed many of them but still I'm stuck with the shells all over in my gravel. Picking out one at a time doesn't please me, either.

Have you thought of trying the Snail Rid or Rid Snail or whatever it's called?

mle
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I 'breed' pest snails in my QT, then feed them to my loaches in my community and they love it! I also take the snails out of some friends tanks and do the same, works great for all involved. I don't have to squeesh mine though. :ssmile:

Gemini
03-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Depends on how you squish them. Now there's the finger pinch method, commonly used in the southern USA states.... then there's the foot squish method (shoes optional)... then there's the book closing between the pages method. All of the above would be very acceptable
"Squoosh" methods.... however, for efficiency and sosioeconomic purposes....I highly recommend the "have your son blindfolded and hand them to him saying they're jellie beans that need to be mashed for jelly bean soup....method!

I hope you have found my feedback helpful and beneficial!

I have recently cycled a tank and I feel this qualifies me as an expert!

Good day!
:hmm3grin2orange:
Yeah I'd give it a try. The empty shells come up with the gravel vac I've found.