PDA

View Full Version : What should I do??????

Lady Hobbs
03-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Having a riff going with Silver Dollars and Featherfins.

They share a 55 gallon tank. The featherfins are larger now ( 6") than the Dollars and pretty rambunctious. They rip and tear around the tank and can keep the Dollars a bit shock up. The Fins also chase the Dollars send them slamming into the glass, etc.

My other 55 has my two blood parrots sharing space with my clown loaches. I am about to move the loaches in with the Dollars and the Featherfins in with the Blood Parrots but the darned Parrots don't like the Featherfins.........actually, they hate everything that is a bottom dweller and don't like the clown loaches either.

I am having to decide if I should keep the Dollars stressed out forever or tick off the Blood Parrots. My thought is the parrots are better able to hold their own and are not timid and scaredy cats like the Dollars are. The Parrots will not be slamming into the glass but just keep on coming. LOL

I love my featherfins but they are becoming a problem as to what I can keep them with. So, does this move seem like a workable solution? I have NO other ideas.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
03-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Any reason you can't move the Silver Dollars in with the Parrots?

Lady Hobbs
03-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Tank is too small for silver dollars (9) and blood parrots (2).

I ended up tearing both tanks apart for this move. Believe me, the Blood Parrots are not singing to the tune of "Happy Days." They totally hate those featherfins.

This is short term here. I still don't know what to do with them. :)

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
It's been two days since this move and the loaches are now very happy. Swimming in the bubbles and having a good time now that they are sharing their space with Silver Dollars. I also notice from all the chasing they had begun to get thin due to not being able to eat properly so will fatten them up again.

Definately helps to sit just and watch our fish and pay attention to the freedom other fish are giving them.

gm72
03-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Good news, Lady. Very cool.

Sharon
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
That's great!thumbs2:

Northernguy
03-29-2009, 02:02 PM
It sounds like your plan is working! :22:
Thats great news!thumbs2: