PDA

View Full Version : Adding shimp to tank?

MikeTag
03-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a tank 10 gallon thats filled with guppies and platies and i just bought some java moss to also. i had a bamboo shrimp and it bassically diapeared in my bigger tank with angles, jurupari, gouramis and tiger barbs. But im sure that the poor little thing was eaten alive from thosesemi aggressive fish. But now i want to try it again, but in this new tank tht i have. i jus want to know if bamboo shrimp, platies, guppies and java moss can all live in harmony:fish:
thanks a lot :22:
These are portions of my tank

fishduded82
03-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Seems like they should coexist peacefully. You could try some ghost shrimp and see how the rest of your fish react to them. They're a lot cheaper so you wouldn't be out as much if your fish harassed them.

I've had both bamboo and ghost shrimp in my 29 gallon but I like ghost shrimp more. They are more active, the bamboo shrimp liked to sit in the same spot for hours. :)

Ellen4God
03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't see why not. What kind do you think you'll get? I highly recommend red cherry shrimp! They're my favorite. :11: :11:

ZCciVic22
03-27-2009, 12:49 AM
You could try some ghost shrimp and see how the rest of your fish react to them.

Be careful with ghost shrimp, as they can be somewhat aggressive suprisingly. I added some neon tetra to a tank of mine that had some ghost shrimp remaining that were food for my stingray, and they actually attacked the neons. The craziest thing I've ever seen, as I was under the impresison that they would simply be good cleaners for the tank. Apparently this one ghost shrimp wanted the entire tank to himself, and was going to clean the fish out of it to have it his way!

MikeTag
03-27-2009, 01:44 AM
will bamboo or cherry shrimp eat my java moss?