PDA

View Full Version : Gallons @ Compatibility

toyasin
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Hello I am Yasin Rajput from Quetta, Pakistan.

My First Question is that my aquarium is 82 Inch Length * 14.5 Inch Width * 24 Inch Height. Kindly tell me that how much gallon tank is this?

My Second question is that I have a pair of buttikoferi of 12 inches, two pairs of buttikoferis of 3 inches, one pair of lemon Oscar of 10 inches, 2 pairs of albino Oscars of 3 inches, one pair of albino Oscar of 4 inches, 2 pairs of tiger Oscars of 3.5 inches, one pair of tiger Oscar of 4 inches, 2 pairs of red Oscars of 4 inches, one pair of golden Oscar of 2.5 inches and one pair of golden Oscar of 2 inches, 5 Parrots not too big neither small 4 inches+, one sweeper, one up side down cat fish of about 8 inches and thatís all of my fish in the tank

All these fishes were initially very friendly with each other but now any one can find plenty of scars and damaged tails and fins of Oscars. I could not find that which fish is doing harm to Oscars or they themselves are trying to eat or to do damage with the other so what do you suggest what should I do?

Whether my fish are compatible with each other?
Thanks.

Please help me and donít forget to tell me the quatity of water my tank can carry in gallons.

Thanks once again.

Yasin Rajput.

Kadina
03-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi and welcome to the AC. You have approximately a 120 gallon aquarium. As far as your stocking issues, it sounds to me like you may be way overstocked and your fish are fighting because they are crowded.

nwnittany
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
This site (http://animal-world.com/encyclo/information/calculate.htm) has a decent volume calculator.

Like Kadina said, yours is about 120 gallons.

...not qualified to answer the other questions...someone else will surely chime in...

Lady Hobbs
03-26-2009, 08:57 PM
This is a forum where questions are asked and answered. We do not give people answers via their email addresses. This is what the forum is for.

I have deleted your email address so you are not getting spammed. But yes, your tank is way over crowded.