PDA

View Full Version : glue them down?

annie p
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Do you guys glue your frags down or first try to see if they are happy where they are?

cocoa_pleco
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
i personally never glue, just incase i need to move stuff or something its less of a pain not gluing

ILuvMyGoldBarb
03-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I can generally figure out where they will do best and I will glue them in right away, however if I am unsure where a coral will do best I will wait to attach it. Leathers and softies will attach themselves easily.

oldhead
03-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Depending on the coral I will use super glue gel or underwater puddy. I didn't used to glue them down till they became acclimated to my light when I had PC's once the new T5's are up and going I will most likely glue them right away. But yeah glue is a good idea depending on the coral.

ZCciVic22
03-27-2009, 12:26 AM
We figured out the hard way that the 3 types of coral we bought needed glued down. Every time we'd place them in the rock, the current would swirl them around, and usually they'd end up way under a rock shelf or something where it was really tough to get to them. After the 3rd or 4th time, we finally went to our LFS where they told us about coral glue. Thank god! Maybe next time we'll stick to the ones already growing on rock at the store.