PDA

View Full Version : hello newbie here

truckin35
03-26-2009, 05:09 AM
i have a 40 gallon tank with two silvertip sharks, 1 bala shark a catfish, an algea eater, and an angel fish. i now know i need to get a bigger tank for the silvertip sharks. any other suggestions on what other fish i should put in with these fish would be very helpfull. i am sick and tired of these stupid fish stores giving me bad information. ive already lost to many fish because of it.

glarior
03-26-2009, 05:21 AM
I would not add any other fish until you get a bigger tank. The sharks will grow up to 24".

What kind of algae eater? If it is a common pleco they will grow huge to...past 12"

What kind of filtration do you have on your current setup?

The best thing to do before you buy any fish from the store is to write down its name and then google them. That way you know if your setup can accommodate all the fish you would like.

If you upgrade tanks or take some of the fish back to your lfs I would get some tetras, clown loaches, mollies, silver dollar, or gourami. However, you would not be able to get all of those but you could pick and choose a few of them and they make great starter fish.

Welcome to AC!

silvertip shark info ... HERE (http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/catfish/sharkcat.php)

mommy1
03-26-2009, 05:23 AM
hi and welcome to the forum :22: im sure someone with better experience and knowledge than me will come along shortly to talk about your stocking issues. so i'll leave that to them. enjoy your stay here. thumbs2:

truckin35
03-26-2009, 06:43 AM
I would not add any other fish until you get a bigger tank. The sharks will grow up to 24".

What kind of algae eater? If it is a common pleco they will grow huge to...past 12"

What kind of filtration do you have on your current setup?

The best thing to do before you buy any fish from the store is to write down its name and then google them. That way you know if your setup can accommodate all the fish you would like.

If you upgrade tanks or take some of the fish back to your lfs I would get some tetras, clown loaches, mollies, silver dollar, or gourami. However, you would not be able to get all of those but you could pick and choose a few of them and they make great starter fish.

Welcome to AC!

silvertip shark info ... HERE (http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/catfish/sharkcat.php)
i have a a marinland emporor 400 I dont know what kind of algea eater is but he is about 6 or 7 inches already. i am plannig on getting a bigger tank soon. i want to keep the sharks what size tank is recomended and what fish are recomened with them. how fast do the silvertip sharks grow

escamosa
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
G'day, enjoy your time at AC.:22: thumbs2:

Sharon
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome!:19:

KcEE
03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello there! Welcome to the AC. Please post your queries in another thread, you'll get alot more response there since this thread is mainly for intoduction. Cheers!

sid101
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the AC!

chel
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Welcome :19:

Northernguy
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:

Jaster
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome to AC :22: