PDA

View Full Version : Sick fish?

grizzly
03-25-2009, 02:16 AM
I purchased two killies. Had them both in a 28 gallon tank for several weeks to a month. One was bullying the other so I moved the less dominate one to a 10 gallon tank. The bullied fish had his dorsal fin a little beat up. The fin looks good now, but its head looks weird. Its like its being pinched down. Ph, ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites are all in check. Here's a picture of both fish to compare the difference.

Wiggs
03-25-2009, 02:23 AM
The pictures didnt show up, at least for me. Once pictures are up, you shouldnt have a problem getting the answer you are looking for.

Did you try to attac the picture or link ir from a website like photobucket?

grizzly
03-25-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm unable to upload the pictures....

The shape of his body isn't a nice curved slope from end to end. His head is more flat until it pasts his eyes. Than it curves noticeable down unto the tail. Not sure how to describe it, he kinda looks like a humpback, it doesn't look right.

grizzly
03-25-2009, 02:35 AM
ahh here we go

grizzly
03-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Does anybody have an idea? Is there additional information I should provide? I think he's doing fine, probably getting better, but who knows.

sid101
03-27-2009, 01:42 AM
I've have seen this before, in some fish this is natural and you shouldnt pay atention to it if you got it like that but in this fish that's the result of a very strong hit, he basically has a discal displacement in his "neck" nothing to worrie about too much just war scars.