PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Betta

bluebluecow
03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
well I went and looked for my betta couldnt find him anywhere, so took the lid off, still couldnt see him, thought Id do w/c since I had the lid off, LOL took the heater out of the housing and theres betta swiming in the box that holds the filters, pump and heater, DH fished him out, so he is back in the tank

liz

Algenco
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM
he wanted a change of scenery, a little adventure :hmm3grin2orange:

MrJim
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
You shouldn't have the tank facing the tv~~too much "Finding Nemo", gives them ideas...:hmm3grin2orange:

Sharon
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
....and a Betta is smart enough to get his own ideas, without help from Nemo!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Rue
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Obviously a fish with places to go!:hmm3grin2orange:

sandy_n
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Water is always bluer on the other side of the fence ... or something like that! :hmm3grin2orange:

bluebluecow
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I just think he liked being in a small tank lol, loke the one he was in when I brought him.

He is a real charecture (sp) this one, he isnt to kean on me I think as if I go to close to the tank he displays, he was in a floating bag when we got him, the shop keeps them bagged during the day, then tank at night out the back, and he was really flearing at the betta next door (it was hard to decide between him and his neighbour, his neighbour was solid red)

He is sooo nosey and a great addition to my tank, leaves my neons alone, but does nip the mussels if their foots are out lol

Liz

sandy_n
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
LOL, he does sound like he's a little character. :shappy:

bluebluecow
03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
oh he is great, he is the second betta in this tank, 1st one I got was nowhere near as active sulked and didnt last long, his fins where short compared to this one, he seemed to have a stroke?? as he didnt move his left side one day and died that evening.

this one is a replacemnet as my son loves them , but he has really grown on me and now no why people love bettas so much, oh its so tempting to buy another small tank just for a betta lol

liz

knarf133
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
you can put bettas in with other fish besides other bettas?how about zebra danios?

ndntakeover
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
you can put bettas in with other fish besides other bettas?how about zebra danios?

yes. i have mine with zebras and mollies...and now with two algae eaters

so yes it should be fine. as long as you keep 5 or more danios to avoid the danios from nipping the betta's fins

HomaridNoob6
03-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Bet you were glad to find him, maybe he really was just nostalgic for those good old days of living in a cup or a bag LOL. Used to watch this older ladys' dog that wouldn't even be coaxed out of its crate by food, only would come out if it felt the call of nature, maybe your betta is her dog reincarnated :hmm3grin2orange:

Pandora
03-24-2009, 12:25 AM
You've gotta love him, he is working so hard to keep you entertained.