PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some stocking advice

mxgibby911
03-23-2009, 03:15 AM
I have a 55g tank and it is stocked with 2 pleco's a sailfin (6-7inches), snowball (3 inches), i also have and elephant nose (5 inches), golden algea eater (3 inches) and a clown knife aprox (5-6 inches long) I have made pre-arranged plans for the clown knife when he gets too large for the tank so don't worry. The problem i am having is i have a tank that looks like i don't have any fish, since they mostly hide during the day and am looking for a mid to upper dwelling fish or fishes that would go well with these tank mates. I have thought maybe silver dollar or angels but unsure. The water peremeters are well below normal levels and water changes are done weekly. Any ideas would be welcome. gibby

ILuvMyGoldBarb
03-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Is the Red Tail still in the tank?

mxgibby911
03-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Is the Red Tail still in the tank?

nope the only fish in there are the ones listed, the others have either been moved to other tanks or traded in at the lfs.

glarior
03-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Why not get some small fish to add... sword fish, mollies, tetras and others. But, remember if you get a male/female molly they will breed. Also, females can be pregnant when you buy them... good luck

cer
03-25-2009, 08:43 PM
What about a school of corycats?

Lindsey
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Corys would work, but mxgibby was asking about upper level fish, and corys tend to stay at the bottom. I guess with so many plecos and bottom dwellers your bottom is full up by now.

What are you considering?

If it were my tank I'd think about a really big school of tetras, rasbora, danio, etc., and then maybe a larger centerpiece fish.

Some gourami or silver dollars could make a good centerpiece, but you'd want to stick to weirdly shaped schooling fish like black skirt tetras in that case.

cer
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Bloodfin tetras would work! They are always at the top. You want to have all levels of the tank filled so you might want some middle level fish.

Sharon
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd go with a large gourami, and a school of Harlequin Rasboras...