PDA

View Full Version : Help, I have eggs (a few), now what?

Alaskan
03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
My fancytails were spawning today and I found sticky eggs on some of the fake plants, rocks, etc. that mama (Dorie) started gobbling up. Papa, (Nemo) didn't pay any attention to them, he was focused on Dorie. I bought a little breeder box and put a couple of the plants that had a few eggs on them in it. Now what? My tank is a 10G that is not heated. When I get my 55G up & running I am planning to move Dorie & Nemo to the 29G.
I know there is a good chance that the eggs won't hatch, etc. but I want to give them the best chance I can.:l24: :1luvu:
Thanks,
Ahna Judy

Mvjnz
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Just keep them from being eaten and they should be fine:) Hope you have live fry food ready for them when they hatch.

Alaskan
03-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I have been reading up more on babies and what I read said they live on their egg sac for 48 hrs then to have liquid fry food, oatmeal paste & hardboiled egg yolk for them until they are 2 wks then infusoria, newly hatched brine shrinp then at 4 wks powdered food

Algenco
03-25-2009, 07:30 PM
green water is best to start them on

Alaskan
03-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Hummm, what is green water?

Algenco
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
tiny suspended algaes

use a glass jar or small aquarium with an airstone, set it in a window add a small amount of dried,powdered lettuce, it should be nice and green in a week

Alaskan
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh wow, I'd better get crackin, they might hatch soon......I see the eye but there even less than before but I am still holding out hope.
Thanks for the advice......
J