PDA

View Full Version : 125 inhabitant?

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 03:05 AM
hi guys,
as most of you all know i got a 125 gal. tank. since we live in an apartment now, i am not really sure if i should put fish in it since we are in a top apartment. i am afraid of it falling through the floor, so i was thinking since i couldn't do that, reptiles =]
what would be a good inhabitant[s] for my tank? i was thinking maybe frogs since i didn't get to do them in my 20. i know there are several compatible frogs that could go together, but just not sure. ideas?

Fishguy2727
03-20-2009, 03:18 AM
In almost every case an apartment building can hold an aquarium much larger than that. They are made for much more weight than they will ever need to. Think about all the parties full of fat people, water beds, etc. that go in there with no problem.

Red
03-20-2009, 03:20 AM
In almost every case an apartment building can hold an aquarium much larger than that. They are made for much more weight than they will ever need to. Think about all the parties full of fat people, water beds, etc. that go in there with no problem.

post of the year right there:hmm3grin2orange:

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 03:37 AM
You know, I didn't think of it like that lol. Hmm, maybe I should try and put fish in it then! You gave me hope man lol.

cocoa_pleco
03-20-2009, 03:47 AM

LOL epic post!

we should totally get a apartment and have a fat guy sleepover club with waterbeds and see how long it takes for the floor to give out

but yeah, as long as you place the 125g in the right place, it should be fine.

Rue
03-20-2009, 03:49 AM
we should totally get a apartment and have a fat guy sleepover club with waterbeds and see how long it takes for the floor to give out

I'm embarrassed to admit I was thinking along the same line...(blush) :hmm3grin2orange:

Pandora
03-20-2009, 03:50 AM
LOL epic post!

but yeah, as long as you place the 125g in the right place, it should be fine.

Okay, this is doing my head in! Pictures in my head :scry: :scry: :hmm3grin2orange:

Red
03-20-2009, 03:50 AM
That's America for you..

Gemini
03-20-2009, 03:52 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Fat man sleepovers - theres an image! :hmm3grin2orange:

cocoa_pleco
03-20-2009, 03:57 AM
lol, i can just see it

"could i get 20 pizzas and 10 buckets of chicken delivered to greenwood apt. 305? throw in a few cases of pepsi with that"

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Lol, and cocoa, the place i was wanting to put it is right in front of the living room window. i know you don't know how the apartment is, but would you think it would be fine there?

cocoa_pleco
03-20-2009, 04:00 AM
not sure since i dont live in a apartment, all of my tanks are on the concrete floor in the basement of the house. you would have to put the tank on load bearing joists

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Well I plan on either making a stand for it or buying one so it will be on a stand either way before I put water in it.

Fishguy2727
03-20-2009, 04:29 AM
It would be diet cola, but twice as much of it. This is America after all.

Gemini
03-20-2009, 04:46 AM
It would be diet cola, but twice as much of it. This is America after all.
True true - always get your fried chicken with diet cola. That makes it healthy!!
Hahahah
Kayla Bug you need to work out where the load supporting joists are. Putting the tank over a few of these should be safe. But I am no expert!

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Ok, that helps gemini. Until I asked my boyfriend I had no idea what those were lol.

Gemini
03-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Ok, that helps gemini. Until I asked my boyfriend I had no idea what those were lol.
That's ok - I asked the boys I work with what the floor thingymebobs were called. thumbs2:

Kayla-Bug
03-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Lol that makes me feel better lmao.

Paw Broon
03-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Damn! now i feel dumb, i was gonna say i was in the exact same situation then i looked back and yours is 125 gallon! mines is only 125 litre, thing is i have a tv, computer, desk and cupboard all on the same wall and if it was my old house i wouldnt think twice but i've worried about this for some time now. Think i could be just slightly paranoid? It's getting filled tommorrow anyway so if my room caves in i'll let you know.:hmm3grin2orange:

*Sarah*
03-21-2009, 01:44 AM
before you set it up you better check your tenant agreement...just in case they have rules against it. Would suck to set it up all nice then have the landlord say you have to take it down.
Sometimes they don't allow fish tanks because of possible leaks/water damage.

troy
03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Tooooo funny!:hmm3grin2orange: