PDA

View Full Version : Moulting question????

AnthonyTCaps
03-17-2009, 03:27 AM
alright i knowits a totally normal thing my only question is if he dose it dose it mean he comfortable and happy or will it happen regardless lol i just wanna know if i have proof hes a happy lil crab.

THANKS!

aquasteph
04-03-2009, 08:37 PM
yes he is happy. he wouldn't molt if he didn't have the proper elements. congrats. :)

dmagerl
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
What a coincidence. My crab molts for the first time today and here's a question about molting. They molt when they grow big enough that they no longer fit in the shell. So, yes, it means they're happy.

I thought mine had died. It hadnt moved in 2 days. Today, I went to fish it out of the tank and find out its only a shell. Later I saw a couple legs sticking out from under the piece of driftwood he hides in so I know he's still alive.

I put the shell back into the tank because he's supposed to eat it for minerals but so far all he's done is drag it out from his hidey hole like he was taking out the garbage.

aquasteph
04-04-2009, 06:14 AM
haha i'm glad someone else uses the term hidey hole other than me.
that's funny bout him takin' out the garbage.

i usually remove my exoskeletons and dry them out. (kind of gross sorry i find them interesting.) the crabs have never seemed to suffer from me removing them but i never thought about them needing those minerals and stuff.

hmm. good thought.