PDA

View Full Version : To Catch a Shrimp

Kyle
03-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Well since Im moving some stuff to my 10g Id like to move my pepermint shrimp. Now I know hes in my 55g as I just saw him 2 days ago when I moved his favorite rock to hide under but I just went through every piece in there tonight and cant find him. Even tried some mysis which normally hed come out and eat out of my hand with no luck

korith
03-17-2009, 03:22 AM
You might have to make a shrimp trap, just make a snail trap, same sort of trap works. Take a plastic bottle, cut it in half, invert the top piece and put it into the bottom piece. Add some food in there. The shrimp should be able to get in, but not back out. You might want to check the bottle frequently just in case any of your other critters get in there.

mr.elcajon
06-06-2009, 05:51 AM
i know that they like to hide deep inside the rocks if they can fit. maybe hes hiding inside a rock. thats what mine did. i had 3 of them and when i went to change tanks, i only had 2. after changing everything there was 3. looked it up and they like to hide in rocks. maybe thats what happened

Kyle
06-06-2009, 05:53 AM
I caught him lol, I posted that almost 3 months ago

mr.elcajon
06-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I caught him lol, I posted that almost 3 months ago
LMFAO. i didnt even notice. just bored and scanning for something interesting. right on. was he in a rock?