PDA

View Full Version : A happy algae thread!

Ellen4God
03-14-2009, 09:31 PM
The brown algae in my 20g long is starting to grow some!! I'm pretty pumped about this because once it's built up and at a good amount, I'm getting my otos. Woo!!! :19: :19:

escamosa
03-15-2009, 01:41 AM
I like those little fellas to, but i've run out of room in my tank.:scry:

Ellen4God
03-15-2009, 04:05 AM
I like those little fellas to, but i've run out of room in my tank.:scry:

Oh no! That's sad. :scry:

That's how I am with Red Cherry Shrimp. Well, actually, I guess I've been told that I shouldn't get them because my neons will bother them. I'm also getting some GBR for my tank, so I'm sure that wouldn't be good either. :help:

If I had planned my 5.5g a little better, I could've gone with RCS instead of ghost shrimp. But, maybe if my ghost shrimp die (not saying I want them to - seeing as I just bought 10 more today lol), I'll be able to get some RCS eventually.

Lindsey
03-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Otos are adorable. I've been considering trading in my raphaels in favor of a half dozen otos.. I wanted to keep the rafes for a future 55g, but as it is, I never see them!! Literally, I haven't seen my striped rafe in over a month, and my spotted rafe doesn't really come out other than prodding his head around the entrance to his hideout. Plus I've got killer algae, I'm sure the otos would have no problems getting food. <sigh>