PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Compatibility

knttnkitty
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I think I have decided on the fish I want to stock my 30g tank. 5 angelfish, 1 blue gourami, 1 bala shark, & 5 pearl danios. Not sure if this would work can someone help me please? I would like to stay with the angels and gourami.

rageybug
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Bala Sharks are best kept in groups of 3 or more and seeing as they grow to be well over a foot \, not a good choice for such a small tank. One Bala Shark by itself in your tank is still too crowded.

Lady Hobbs
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
No way. You can not keep 5 angels in a 30 gallon and neither is that tank sufficient for a bala shark. Your tank is fine for a mated pair of angels, however.

You'd best stick with a school of tetra's, your danio's and possibly some corys.

knttnkitty
03-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Thank you for letting me know about this. I had asked someone at my fish store and they said it was OK for tank size. I already have a 20g tetra tank and wanted something different.

rageybug
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Many fish stores care more about making the sale than keeping you and your fish happy.

knttnkitty
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm going to do some more thinking on how I want to stock this tank. I might go with some buenos aires and gourami not sure. I was thinking of moving my cichlid to the 30 and stocking around him but he is to aggressive.

truckin35
03-26-2009, 04:19 AM
i have one angel fish two silvertip sharks and a bala shark. i would like to get more fish what else can i put in the tank.

KingFisher
03-26-2009, 05:21 AM
i have one angel fish two silvertip sharks and a bala shark. i would like to get more fish what else can i put in the tank.
Truckin, please start your own thread to ask your question. Don't forget to include what size tank you have and if it has been cycled or not. :ssmile: