PDA

View Full Version : Downsizing?

Kyle
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok I currently have my 55g saltwater tank which I think never reached its full potential because of funding and a busy life. It only has about 40lbs of live rock in it. I also should start using R/O water instead of tap which buying it at the LFS could start to get exspensive. I currently have a 10g freshwater tank that homes 3 guppies and about 4 neons that I could easily transfer to my 135g. Think its an ok idea to turn that into my saltwater? 40lbs of live rock is probably too much for a 10g but at least its all there I would just get a new light for my 10g. My only other thing is my current fish in my 55g 2 clowns, a damsel and a court jester goby. The damsel I would probably sell as he doesnt get along with the clowns, would the 2 clowns and goby be ok in a 10g?

Edit: after some quick reading I'm seeing a 10g is way too small for one clown :(

travie
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Downsizing to a 29 gallon tank could work, and it will be a little cheaper then a 55g.

Kyle
03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
QUESTION: I found a local woman on craigslist who would like to start back up her saltwater aquarium (she used to have one and misses it) she knew a bit about it when I was talking to her on the phone. Anyways she has a 29 gallon and she just wants some of my sand/live rock and some of my fish, shes not going to do any corals or anything. Would she be able to start right up if I took that stuff over? Id even take some of my water if it would help? Then I would keep some sand and live rock and probably my court jester goby and my inverts for my 10g

travie
03-13-2009, 01:03 AM
That probably could work.

Kyle
03-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Anyone else? :help: