PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Live plants online

Chrona
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Heres a great ebay seller for live plants if anyone is interested. VERY reasonable prices and free shipping. Also a Dead on Arrival Guarentee. It takes like 2-3 weeks to get your plant, because of really slow processing, but I think the prices make it worth it. I'm waiting on an order of anubias nana's myself. I'll let you know how they turn out

http://myworld.ebay.com/aquadisestore

Lady Hobbs
02-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Hope they send over night delivery with the weather being what it is.

Chrona
02-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I was slightly concerned about that, but I'm sure they have a way of packaging that prevents too much harm. Heck, for like 3 bucks shipped a plant, I'll just get 2x what I need rather than pay 3x the price at my LFS for algae covered and spotted ones...lol

The listed shipping is 2-5 days.....hoping 2 days :/

Lady Hobbs
02-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Hope you get a nice one. I will check out that site myself. Thanks

Lady Hobbs
02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
This is a store and not a private seller so they will know how to ship in cold weather for sure. They have fish as well, I see.

I see no fish so guess I got that wrong. It says fish.

Chrona
02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I believe they only sell plants and driftwood. But yeah, they are a store, and with 98+% rating to boot. Most of the comments praise the packaging, so I'm waiting to see this miracle packing material...lol

*Sarah*
02-16-2007, 11:17 PM
I need to find a good seller in Canada like that.

cocoa_pleco
02-16-2007, 11:18 PM
same. Although, my lfs was nice and gave me a huge chunk of java moss for 5$

Chrona
02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
same. Although, my lfs was nice and gave me a huge chunk of java moss for 5$

Thats probably because they didn't want it anymore lol. Java moss grows like a weed

cocoa_pleco
02-17-2007, 01:57 AM
i cant wait to have a ton. Itll grow in my 20, then my 10 and 2.5 will get some, then sell sell sell

Chrona
02-17-2007, 07:29 PM
It came in the mail today...and all I can say is....WOW. The plant looks immaculate, even though it was 25 or so outside today. At first, I thought it was a fake plant or something, because it has NO blemishes of any kind. Very nice, healthy 4 inch long root system, and 6 big leaves. The only question is, is this actually an anubias nana? lol The leaves are all like 4-8 inches long, and the tallest one sticks out of my 10 gallon tank. I thought nanas had smaller leaves that branched sideways? In any case, I highly recommend this company, at least from this experience. The plant was in a sealed Fedex plastic baggy with some kind of gas in it (had a funny smell) that was enclosed in a bubblewrap envelope.

Lady Hobbs
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow. So glad you are happy with it. That does sound large for a anubias nana as they claim to be slow growers.

Chrona
02-17-2007, 08:44 PM
This is the plant in the tank

Oops, I guess I uploaded the pic without the circle in it. The plant is the one in the center, to the left of the blurry angel
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8705/dsc0335vr8.th.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0335vr8.jpg)

Plant out of tank

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9648/dsc0337qp7.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0337qp7.jpg)

Can anyone ID it? I had to cut off the giant center leaf because it sticks out of the water 2 inches or so...heh

Sorry the pics are kinda blurry. I still haven't figured out this camera. I'm on 1600 ISO and it's still fuzzy, even though my water is crystal clear.

*Sarah*
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
I have no idea about the plant Chrona, but your tank looks fantastic :) I can't wait for mine to fill in!

Chrona
02-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Mine actually looks a lot worse in person lol. I was getting annoyed at the browning leaves at the middle and bottom of my wisteria, so in a fit, I trimmed them all off. They are growing back slowly though. And my chainsword is slowly dying. I didn't think I had enough light to grow it well, but the LFS had them on sale for 3 bucks, so I figured what the hay. And one of these days I need to rearrange the whole thing. This setup was the original one when I first put the tank together, and various plants have grown at various speeds, creating shade in places I don't want it.

*Sarah*
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey Chrona
Here's plantgeek's info on Anubias Nana
http://www.plantgeek.net/plant-19.htm

Chrona
02-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I read up on it a little from the site that Hobbs posted. Apparently, the anubias all grow in different ways (long, tall, or short, wide) depending on the situation, so I'll probably just wait a few weeks and see. I'm fairly certain it is a type of anubias at the least though, so thats fine. It was only 4 bucks shipped anyways. What a shame I had to clip the middle leaf though. Thanks for the link

*Sarah*
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Mine actually looks a lot worse in person lol. I was getting annoyed at the browning leaves at the middle and bottom of my wisteria, so in a fit, I trimmed them all off. They are growing back slowly though. And my chainsword is slowly dying. I didn't think I had enough light to grow it well, but the LFS had them on sale for 3 bucks, so I figured what the hay. And one of these days I need to rearrange the whole thing. This setup was the original one when I first put the tank together, and various plants have grown at various speeds, creating shade in places I don't want it.

Well 1/2 the fun is the rearranging isn't it?:1:

Here's my tank. I want to arrange it, and add some stuff, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe some driftwood..what do you think?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/sarahmom22/Aquarium/th_fish.jpg (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/sarahmom22/Aquarium/fish.jpg)

*Sarah*
02-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh and Chrona there's also a Petite Nana, which is smaller than the Anubias Nana.

Chrona
02-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Well 1/2 the fun is the rearranging isn't it?:1:

Here's my tank. I want to arrange it, and add some stuff, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe some driftwood..what do you think?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/sarahmom22/Aquarium/th_fish.jpg (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/sarahmom22/Aquarium/fish.jpg)

Lookin good. I like the natural gravel. Wish I had with it from the start :/

Chrona
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
So, as a followup in case anyone was wondering. I emailed them about the plant variety, and they agreed that it was not a nana, so they are sending me another one free of charge. Top notch customer service I say, although they have recently changed their dead on arrival guarentee to only include orders using priority mail (5 bucks flat shipping on order). Despite this, if the nana I received could take the 10 degree weather outside, then I doubt anyone would have any problems.

Chrona
02-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Roflmao, I got the plant today and it looks like they messed up again. It looks like the same plant as before, but this time, it's a 10 leaf behemoth. Whatever, I got two nice plants for 3 bucks. Looks like it's time for my amazon sword to retire....

reybie
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
OOoh I like this. I'm ordering the package deal and put it in my tank! I hope my fluorescent lamp is enough for this though.

Chrona
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, they ended up sending me 2 anubias nana, so I'm happy. They are pretty dumb when it comes to id'ing plants, but great at customer service imo.

reybie
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I have my eye on this package (http://cgi.ebay.com/LIVE-AQUARIUM-FISH-AQUATIC-PLANTS-PACKAGE-GREEN-RUSH_W0QQitemZ110093988691QQihZ001QQcategoryZ66794 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for $30. My tank is 24 inches tall. This is a snap shot (http://www.nuthin.nu/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=3) of where I'm planning on planting them. Will this kind of gravel work?

reybie
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Pulled the trigger and ordered the $39.99 package so I can take advantage of the $15 paypal rebate (good til end of March on purchase of $30 or more). With free shipping, it was irresistable.

Lady Hobbs
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Chrona, I could brain you. You posted that link for plants and Hobbs went NUTS. I should have my plants tomorrow but sure having a hard time using the postal service tracking number.

I must have thought all the plants would dry up and disappear so got a bunch before I even can plant them. Mine will have to go in pots but I got $60 worth of them.

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
What kind of gravel do you have? I'm at work, and for some reason, that site was blocked.

Lady Hobbs
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Despite this, if the nana I received could take the 10 degree weather outside, then I doubt anyone would have any problems.

Same here! And I thought it was overnight shipping and it's SNOT. I am worried about my shipment as well. You'd think they could put a heat pillow in the box!

xoolooxunny
03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
wow, thats a great deal! can you really make a 10 gallon look like that with normal hood lighting and no co2??

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Chrona, I could brain you. You posted that link for plants and Hobbs went NUTS. I should have my plants tomorrow but sure having a hard time using the postal service tracking number.

I must have thought all the plants would dry up and disappear so got a bunch before I even can plant them. Mine will have to go in pots but I got $60 worth of them.

lol

The tracking numbers he gives never works for me. Did you get a heat pack for that order? You said it was freezing out right? One of the plants I got was frozen to death, but he shipped me a replacement. In the end, it will work out fine, but it just seems to take a really long time, with the slow shipping and all. I hope everything works out fine.

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Despite this, if the nana I received could take the 10 degree weather outside, then I doubt anyone would have any problems.

Same here! And I thought it was overnight shipping and it's SNOT. I am worried about my shipment as well. You'd think they could put a heat pillow in the box!

You have to buy the heat pack seperately. I hope your plants are ok. I had good dealings with him, but I found some bad reviews in another forum yesterday. For the most part though, they all seemed to agree that he gets it right....eventually...heh

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
wow, thats a great deal! can you really make a 10 gallon look like that with normal hood lighting and no co2??

Nope, apparently the guy steals pictures of other people's tanks for his use. That tank probably has at least 4+ watts/gallon with pressurized CO2

reybie
03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I did notice something on the top of the description as "aquascape potential".

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
And you have to consider that his prices are a little cheaper than most online stores, with free shipping. Most stores I've seen charge like 20-30 for shipping, with no live arrival guarantee. The postage for a 3 dollar plant costs him about 1.50, and after Ebay fees, he's really making quarters off of each plant.

Lady Hobbs
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
No one says that picture is one of their tanks. They only sell plants so probably found these pictures and knew they could duplicate the plants in it for sale.

Potential means if you were one honkey-dorey planter, fertilizer and trimmer that you just might be able to achieve that look one day.

reybie
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Potential is my motivation ;)

Chrona
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Potential is my motivation ;)

Trust me, the thicker the foliage in your tank, the thinner the hair on your head.

reybie
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I did ask for a substitute on the java moss. I have read nightmares on java moss, I think it was you Chrona who posted on bad experience with moss taking over?

Chrona
03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Yes, it gets into everything, your filter, other plants, rocks, etc. Once it spreads, it's a pain to remove because it grips onto rock and wood so well. Don't get java moss. Try a slower growing variety like christmas moss if you really want that look.

Lady Hobbs
03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
He's the one who gets the blunt of all these replacements. He should add heat packs and charge the buyer during the winter months. It ends up being his loss and not ours and he's silly not to.

Three days being trucked in 0 weather? I am not looking forward to this! My order come yesterday from Pet Solutions and everything in the box was like ice.

reybie
03-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Glad I ordered before it got really toasty in Hotrizona! :D

Chrona
03-08-2007, 01:31 AM
He's the one who gets the blunt of all these replacements. He should add heat packs and charge the buyer during the winter months. It ends up being his loss and not ours and he's silly not to.

Three days being trucked in 0 weather? I am not looking forward to this! My order come yesterday from Pet Solutions and everything in the box was like ice.

Meh, the only frozen item was when he wrapped the plant in a wet newspaper in the ziploc bag. When he just had the ziploc bag and a little bit of water, it didn't freeze. Hope they turn out good. I would feel guilty recommending the seller if they didn't :(

Lady Hobbs
03-08-2007, 06:16 AM
And if mine are all screwed up, I'll come looking for ya! I did read his negative comments. Had a bunch of them but he also had over 1000 good ones so it's a crap shoot, I guess.

Chrona
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
And if mine are all screwed up, I'll come looking for ya! I did read his negative comments. Had a bunch of them but he also had over 1000 good ones so it's a crap shoot, I guess.

Oh dear. Lemme know how they turn out. I don't want to get "brained" ;)

Lady Hobbs
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Chrona, would you believe I contacted them about my plants as I was worried and they have not even been shipped yet due to back-log? They did say they would send me extra for the wait but, dang, I already ordered too many. LOL

I would have appreciated a note from them saying their was a delay so I wasn't sitting here 24/7 waiting on them.

Chrona
03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Chrona, would you believe I contacted them about my plants as I was worried and they have not even been shipped yet due to back-log? They did say they would send me extra for the wait but, dang, I already ordered too many. LOL

I would have appreciated a note from them saying their was a delay so I wasn't sitting here 24/7 waiting on them.

Ah, hmm. I'm sorry lol. Perhaps sell the extra to a LFS for credit to offset some of the cost? And to be honest, aquadise is most likely some middleman who works with a local nursery, so it's very possible that his customer base has now exceeded his ouput. Please don't hurt me! <3 :laugh1blue:

hungryhound
03-11-2007, 01:35 AM
We checked out the site on the first pages of recommendations (before all this "other" stuff happened) and took the plunge! Only spent about $30, we'll have to see how long it takes to get here. On a bright note, the weather is finally warming up here, and we should be fine :ezpi_wink1:

Lady Hobbs
03-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I hate it when shipping is delayed and they don't let you know is all. Or if they are out of something, email and ask if they can substitute something but don't hold up a whole shipment. But his prices are great and with free shipping, if the plants are good it's well worth buying from him.

SouthernGal0682
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Hobbs, have you received your plants yet? I've been following this thread because I was thinking about ordering from the ebay site and I was just curious if you had gotten your plants and if so what condition they were in.

Chrona
03-12-2007, 09:16 PM
No she hasn't. I've been asking her every day because I'm scared she's going to hit me with something for recommending this site ;)

I still stand by my original post though. They seem to ship nice products with a nice guarentee. It's just unfortunate that it takes so long, but hey, it's like 1/3 the price of buying it from other places, with free shipping.

Lady Hobbs
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Chrona already answered.......NO! Actually, it really hasn't been that long but for some reason, seems like ages to me. :) I paid for them on the 4th but they didn't get paid until the 6th so I really have to go from that date. So right now it's been one week but darn it, when it says 3 - 7 days I want 3-7 days. What upsets me is they have NOT been shipped yet so if they ship tomorrow it will still be 4 more.

No worry about them freezing now tho. Not in July either.

Chrona
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Chrona already answered.......NO! Actually, it really hasn't been that long but for some reason, seems like ages to me. :) I paid for them on the 4th but they didn't get paid until the 6th so I really have to go from that date. So right now it's been one week but darn it, when it says 3 - 7 days I want 3-7 days. What upsets me is they have NOT been shipped yet so if they ship tomorrow it will still be 4 more.

No worry about them freezing now tho. Not in July either.

What plants did you order by the way?

reybie
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Finally got confirmation that my plants are shipping today from TX. Not too far from AZ so we'll see how fast USPS can get it to me. Paid for it on March 7th.

Hmm, I think it's best to shoot a followup email a day or two after the payment.

Lady Hobbs
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
NOW I AM SOOOOO MAD! I checked again today and payment was made the 1st not the 6th! And they have received my second email telling them to ship them by tomorrow or refund my money.

Maybe they are waiting for them to grow?

Chrona:

Annabus sharp, val spiralis, java fern, java moss, echino tenellius, amazon swords, pearl grass, crinium thaianium and Ludwigia Repens.

The crinium thaianium is onion plants. I will put it in pots to see if my Silver Dollars will leave it alone.

Chrona
03-14-2007, 04:20 AM
Wowza, that's a big order. I feel guilty....sorry Hobbs >.>

In any case, I figured I might as well post another source of plants

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

Pretty cheap prices as well, with a rating system.

Lady Hobbs
03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.azgardens.com/fish_snails.php

This is where I had planned to go. They have supplies, live fish and everything else, too.

Chrona
03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
That works too, you can get some of those clams and olive nerita snails :)

hungryhound
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
We ordered some plants from the ebay site on the 4th, and got notice on the 6th that they should be shipping. I guess now we wait and see how long it takes them to get here! Hope yours come soon Hobbs.

Chrona
03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
We ordered some plants from the ebay site on the 4th, and got notice on the 6th that they should be shipping. I guess now we wait and see how long it takes them to get here! Hope yours come soon Hobbs.

More pressure on me, thanks :rolleyes: :P

Chrona
03-16-2007, 03:06 AM
In other news, Hobb's shipment has shipped, to my relief (She was threatening me with a wooden spoon). Whether or not the package contains all the right plants is still up in the air so I am preparing for assault by blunt kitchen utensil :rolleyes:

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM

They are waiting for mine to grow I guess. LOL Actually I finally got a notice by email that they shipped on the 13th. Took them until the 16th to notifiy me. :) I just hope they weren't sitting in a box for a week.

I ordered from other sites 4 times since I placed their order and all have been here a week. I'm not upset about the delay but not being notified is what is ticking me off.

hungryhound
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea, the whole notification thing really stinks! I'm really, really hoping mine show up today (I got an email from the postal service that they were picking it up earlier this week, so we shall see).

Let us know how the plants are when the arrive (and if any different ones slipped in:ezpi_wink1: )

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I knew when the mailman handed me this smashed box today that things had gone downhill about as far as they could go.

The second pic is of my entire assortment for $55. In the box also was a refund check for 11.98..........not $12.........but 11.98 with a note saying due to illness he would refund me for what I didn't get......which was my java moss.

If a person is ill, why not close up shop until they can get there orders right so they won't lose customers!

However, I got no fund for the val spirals I ordered which was 3 orders at 2.95 each. Onion plants come in two and I ordered two so instead of 4 got 3 but that's OK since they're dead anyway.

In this last picture is some plant next to my dead onion plants but I have no idea what they are. I think he must have replaced these for my vals. I don't like bunch plants as I'd like something that has a root longer than my eyelash but it may make it, whatever it is.

My sword plant looks fine as does my pearl grass and other grass, Echino Tenullus. That's it.

I am a little confused over this check, too. He should have issued a refund thru PayPal where this order was paid but sent me instead, not a business check but a personal check.

My sage ends. OH.....I was also promised some freebies for my delay in shipping. Didn't get freebies either.

SouthernGal0682
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow...that sucks. Not just the plants not turning out, but the whole refund deal. Chrona, you better start running now!:ezpi_wink1:

I think I will order from somewhere else if I order online at all.

Chrona
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Oi, sorry to hear that Hobbs :( I guess their business has just gone downhill since I ordered...

In any case, pm me your address and I will send you a pack of clippings from my tank in a few weeks

xoolooxunny
03-16-2007, 09:51 PM
hobbs, are you sure those onions wont grow again? they're the big white bulbs right?

Chrona
03-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh and before you do anything, shoot him up an email and keep shooting them until he responds. The general feeling is that he rarely gets things right the first time but always makes it better if you keep trying to communicate with him.

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Chrona, don't you go feeling bad about my plants. I had seen that site prior to you even posting it and thought of ordering there myself. Also was looking into the Arizona site but I liked that one as it told exactly what size the plants would be, how to plant them, etc. I took the cheap road and wanted no shipping so I got what I got.

Generally everyone who ships live "anything" quarantees 24 hours delivery. I sure don't blame him for the bent box unless it layed in his shop for two weeks with my ordered half filled and it got walked on. LOL

Others had good luck there. It's the way my luck usually runs.

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
hobbs, are you sure those onions wont grow again? they're the big white bulbs right?

I cut them to within an inch of the bulb and potted them. I think they will come back up. I should have just gone to WalMarts and picked up some plants but they sell house plants for tank plants and most won't live long.

Do you happen to know what that one plant is. It's a bunch plant and the underside of the leaves are reddish. I was about to go look it up but thought you might know off hand.

xoolooxunny
03-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I cut them to within an inch of the bulb and potted them. I think they will come back up. I should have just gone to WalMarts and picked up some plants but they sell house plants for tank plants and most won't live long.

Do you happen to know what that one plant is. It's a bunch plant and the underside of the leaves are reddish. I was about to go look it up but thought you might know off hand.

It's hard to tell...put it in some water so you/we can see the leaf pattern a little better, and what it looks like in aquarium light....maybe some kind of Bacopa?

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Ludwigia Repens........sorry, forgot I had ordered them. I thought they were tossed in to replace the Vals. Nope. Just didn't get the Vals at all......9 of them. grrrr

xoolooxunny
03-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Wow! boy do mine look different! i have that plant as well, but over time the leaves have gotten smaller and darker red in color, and it lets down straight strings of roots from under the leaves as it grows taller.

hungryhound
03-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Hopefully once the plants get into the tank and have settled they'll perk up a bit.... Now I'm really nervous about mine showing up....

reybie
03-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Got the plants yesterday... I opened the box and saw these plants... uhm ok, where do I start. I tell ya, for a computer weiner, this is more intimidating than gutting the inside of a pc and replacing parts.

I had manage to plant "the plants" that came in my shipment with the use of a tool I got from petsmart. 24 inch deep is no fun even if you got long arms. My plants are short so I kept my 18in plastic background plants in there in the mean time, I'll wait a lil bit.

I'll post some pics after my tank cycles, there's this ugly used filter media floating in the middle of my tank :)

Chrona
03-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Got the plants yesterday... I opened the box and saw these plants... uhm ok, where do I start. I tell ya, for a computer weiner, this is more intimidating than gutting the inside of a pc and replacing parts.

I had manage to plant "the plants" that came in my shipment with the use of a tool I got from petsmart. 24 inch deep is no fun even if you got long arms. My plants are short so I kept my 18in plastic background plants in there in the mean time, I'll wait a lil bit.

I'll post some pics after my tank cycles, there's this ugly used filter media floating in the middle of my tank :)

Lemme know which plants you got and I can give some tips on how to plant them (ie java fern on rock/driftwood and not gravel)

hungryhound
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
It is amazing what sending that guy an e-mail will do. On March 13 I got a message stating that the USPS had been notified that my package was raedy for pickup. As of yesterday afternoon, it had not updated and I had not seen my plants. I sent him an e-mail about 2 O'Clock asking where my package was and why it had not shipped.

Low and behold, when I checked the USPS tracking number it had updated. So if all goes well. I could possably have my package by today or tommarow, with firday most likely being the latest it would arrive.

woo Hoo

I am excited. I just hope that I am not sharing hobbs depression in a few days.

Anyways I will let you know how it went.

Chrona
03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Cool, I think Hobbs just picked a bad time to order, with the guy being sick and all. Hey, even cheap chinese labor needs to take sick days!

hungryhound
03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Well my order shipped on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday. Most of my plants Look good. See Picture 1. I did have one plant, my Alternanthera reineckii, that I donot think that it is going to make it (picture 2). All the llarge leaves had rotted, but the stems look fine and there might be some small leaves still attached and I am going to plant it and see if it will make it.

I did have one question though.

Did I receive enchino Tenellus or Eleocharis parvula? last picture

Thanks for your help guys.

Now i just need my wife to get home so that i can plant them.

hungryhound
03-24-2007, 05:03 AM
WE got the plants in this evening, and thought we would share the before and after photos.

The first photo is from before with the second two being after shots.

We're really excited about the Echinodorous ozelot plant, which you'll find on the left side of the third shot.

We planted the stems of the Alt. Reineckii, hopefully they will grow (my wife is currently willing them to survive).

Chrona
03-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Nice! Glad it worked out *breathes sigh of relief* :thumb:

Lady Hobbs
03-24-2007, 05:22 AM
Enchino Tenellus? My Enchino's didn't look like yours. Mine had a root about as long as an eyelash and all individual. Yours appear to be a bunch of roots all together but certainly a better start than mine.

I have had crap for luck with this deal and had to go thru PayPal Resolution center to get dead plants replaced. After emailing back and forth (mostly from me) he now claims plants are being shipped and I should get them in 2 days. I have no idea of what he'll send. I wanted the Vals more than anything else and they are dead. Were when I got them but I planted them for a week just to see if they may do something. They were mushy like a plant gets that's been frozen and thawed back out.

I know the guy was ill (so he claimed) but really, did that prevent me from getting anything at all with a root system?

Lady Hobbs
03-24-2007, 05:31 AM
WE got the plants in this evening, and thought we would share the before and after photos.

The first photo is from before with the second two being after shots.

We're really excited about the Echinodorous ozelot plant, which you'll find on the left side of the third shot.

We planted the stems of the Alt. Reineckii, hopefully they will grow (my wife is currently willing them to survive).

That plant looks nice and healthy and should make it fine. My sword looks good as well as my anabus. Really helps having a bit of a root system already.

hungryhound
03-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Enchino Tenellus? My Enchino's didn't look like yours. Mine had a root about as long as an eyelash and all individual. Yours appear to be a bunch of roots all together but certainly a better start than mine.

I have had crap for luck with this deal and had to go thru PayPal Resolution center to get dead plants replaced. After emailing back and forth (mostly from me) he now claims plants are being shipped and I should get them in 2 days. I have no idea of what he'll send. I wanted the Vals more than anything else and they are dead. Were when I got them but I planted them for a week just to see if they may do something. They were mushy like a plant gets that's been frozen and thawed back out.

I know the guy was ill (so he claimed) but really, did that prevent me from getting anything at all with a root system?

We really are sorry that you had such a bad experience. We have one plant that we're not sure is going to make it and my wife is heart-broken as it was one of the ones she was looking forward to growing.

What kind of Vals are you looking for, as we have some planted in the back right hand corner and they grow like weeds. If you'd like, we'd be more than happy to send you some. They wouldn't be very tall as it seems our Vals are more interested in sending out runners than in adding height right now, but perhaps with CO2 injections, which we'll be starting soon, we'll see an improvement in height. As a side note ours are Italian Vallisneria (Vallisneria spiralis), at least that's what our information card says. Ours, however, have not spiraled, but have grown straight up. If you'd like a picture we can get one for you.

Lady Hobbs
03-24-2007, 05:37 AM
You're a doll to offer but I think Vals are what I have coming. Same ones, too. I'll let you know.

hungryhound
03-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Great, glad to hear that!

SouthernGal0682
03-24-2007, 04:28 PM

As I think you already know, I have Reineckii in my tank. I've had it about a week now and it is pearling and I have trimed it once cause it was growing out of the tank. If yours doesn't work out and would like the trimmings from mine I'll send you some. I have no idea how I'm supposed to ship it so you would have to fill me in...But its available it yours doesn't make it.

hungryhound
03-25-2007, 12:40 AM
As I think you already know, I have Reineckii in my tank. I've had it about a week now and it is pearling and I have trimed it once cause it was growing out of the tank. If yours doesn't work out and would like the trimmings from mine I'll send you some. I have no idea how I'm supposed to ship it so you would have to fill me in...But its available it yours doesn't make it.

That's so kind. I think we're to try and wait it out with these Reineckii, but we'll defiantly keep yours in mind!