PDA

View Full Version : sick betta fish!

kleng
03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
my betta fish has been sick for almost 2 weeks now..i've tried a lot of treatments but i'm not entirely sure what the problem is. some spots are starting to form on his body, but it doesn't look like the white specks that characterize ick. his spots are more yellow/brownish & aren't really specks but more of patches. also, he's starting to tilt sideways, he doesn't eat if i give him food, and is lethargic.
he lives in a 1.5 gallon tank by himself, i do 25% water changes every other day, and put aquarium salt in with each water change. i bought Lifeguard All-in-one treatment & used it for 5 days to see if it would help..it seemed to help at first, but after about a week he got worse.
please help me if you can!

Chicklet
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
you shouldn't be using salt, only for treatments, and I'm not sure if its good for betta's anyways,
But someone more knowledgeable will chime in there I'm sure and help you out

Kayla-Bug
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Salt is ok to use when you do water changes, although just don't use too much. It helps prevent diseases, and I used to use salt everytime I changed mines water and it seemed to help. I couldn't really see any spots on him in the pic, but if it looks like what you say it may be a fungus or parasite or maybe developing velvet.