PDA

View Full Version : Fish list For my 150 Tang set up

Deleted User
03-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok these are the fish I am hoping to get for my tang set up.
Not sure on numbers for each as I need to figure out if they will be compatible first.

Fronts ( Probably Burundi )

Calvus ( Blacks and whites )

Lamprologus brichardi

Julidochromis marlieri

Clown loach

Red
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
The fronts will outgrow your calvus and then pick on them and eat them. If you want fronts, I would just stay with fronts and nothing else. If you want small tangs you could go with the rest and even more..

cocoa_pleco
03-10-2009, 11:28 PM
lamp. brichardi are nice, i had one a couple years ago. he was a cool fish.

i would try to find some larger ones, usually theyre sold when theyre small and mine was only a few mm long when i got him and after i had him for quite a while he was barely a cm

kaybee
03-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Calvus (and compressiceps) actually have natural defenses against being eaten by frontosa's and usually make good tank mates, despite the size differential. The altolamprologus species, however, might steal frontosa eggs when the fronts spawn.

Nevertheless, a frontosa species tank is probably the best bet, but of the potential tank mates listed, fronts + calvus (or comps) would make the best tank mates. Not sure of the dimensions of a 150gal, but if 6ft in length, perhaps 5-7 fronts and 3-4 altolamprologus sp..

Deleted User
03-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Ok thanks for all your feed back guys.:ssmile:

I am going for fronts in the 150 gallon . I have seen some Neolamprologus Tretocephalus in the lfs today. Would they be ok with some Lamprologus brichardi as both species are said to be agressive ? I was thinking about using my spare 30 gallon for them. :ssmile:

Red
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
The problem with brichardi is that they breed like convicts, and they become very mean when they breed, and will take out the tank mates with over populating the tanks..

Deleted User
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I am lucky Red. My LFS will take all the fry I can produce from any of my fish. They have over 500 stock tanks and 700 holding tanks. :ssmile:

Crispy
03-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Glad to see you want some fronts!
My calvus are in growing out in the fry tank before they go in with my big fronts. Never kept any other of the lake tang species.