PDA

View Full Version : How to rehome and should I??

bluebluecow
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
:scry: I think I may have to rehome my common plec but I dont want too boo hoo, he is about 11inchs and in a 4ft tank, but its about 2 foot high and when he suckers on the side he looks big, hes a bit beat up has a cut in his tail and dorsel fin but he is happy, he has I think stopped growing:11: so I may be able to keep him, but if he grows more then I may have to look at rehoming:scry: Ive had him since he was about 2inch small and seen him grow and love his personality he is so laid back

liz

korith
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
If you are attached to him, you could always upgrade your tank to a larger size. Or get a breeder type tank, they are wider. My first thought was to see if you trade him in for a smaller one. Maybe in your current tank you can take out some decorations and such, to free up more swimming room for him.

Northernguy
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I agree with Korith !:11:
your tank is 4'x24'x? ?
Does your pleco still have room to turn around without brushing the glass?

bluebluecow
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Its about 4tf,length, 2ft hieght and just over 1 ft legth, he can turn round fine and doesnt brush his sides on the tank,.he seems happy he has his fav spot on top of the bogwood, where he sits most of the day then in the evening he attacks the sides of the tank, its the cleanest sided tank around lol

He Also goes mad for the stick on tabs that I put on the sides he just sits with his mouth over them

as I said id hate to see him go, I ahvent space for a big tank until the kids grow up, Ive threatened mum that I would put him in her 6ft tank, but she doesnt like big fish, to me a waste of a tank, (she has a whiptail plec, 2 corys, a gypophilius (sp) pair, and 2 gouramis, 5 harlequin rasborais and 3 clown loaches one that is the best you will ever see, he is about 5inchs and well set and lovely coloured. I think my big plec would be soo happy in there.

Liz

Northernguy
03-11-2009, 03:00 PM
So do I! lol
Try paying her room and board for her tank space!:hmm3grin2orange:

bluebluecow
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
just thought since I had my camera out for pics of my new tank

heres a full tank of the downstairs tank (its brackish water)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/obivader/DSC00246.jpg
large plec bottom left you can also see scat, leaf , angel and loach in that pic

and one of plec the laidback guy himself with my 1 ram surviver

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/obivader/DSC00244.jpg

liz

Oscar_freak12321
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Interesting setup. I would say take out a few pieces of decor and that should help out a lot. Another option, like korith said, is to trade him out for a smaller one.

Mynameisnotpj
04-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Your pleco more than likely is at his largest size, and I feel like his current tank is large enough, but it would not be kind to put him in a smaller tank.
He probably wouldn't be happy if you moved him, since he is so comfortable where he is, but the best idea would be an upgrade.

bluebluecow
04-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Just to let you know as per my sog, all the fish went to lfs and mum excr=ept for 4 and I now have a pretty heavy planted tank full of tetras

liz