PDA

View Full Version : More budgie pictures

lovleeko
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Okay you knew I was gonna post more of these right? LOL My little guy is over there chattering at me now. :) He is the greatest bird ever. He loves people so much. He follows me around and wont let me get anything done while he is out. LOL Here is one that doesn't show his color as well but it shows his english budgie look. He's all fluffy :) It's kinda blurry

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/budgie2006.jpg

Here is him on his favorite picture of me and my husband LOL He can't understand why we are in the picture and wont come out to play with him

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/birdstuff003.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/birdstuff013.jpg

And I have now caught the fever! My dad found this really great cage and is going to give it to me which brings me in the market for another bird!! HA I need help!

Ellen4God
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Cute!! Congrats on the bigger cage. :) My friend got one for Christmas, and she now has four!!! :11:

Jellygirl
03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Ah how lovely is hethumbs2:

Sharon
03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
He is a sweetie!:19:

Deleted User
03-09-2009, 01:08 AM
He is looking great lovleeko.thumbs2:

I really do like his colouring. :ssmile:

lovleeko
03-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Thanks so much you guys. He is my baby!

Thanks ellen. I'm not sure that the cage is any bigger. His cage is pretty giant already. :) But it is another cage and that means room for another bird. And a friend of mine who breeds cockatiels just offered me a free lutino cockatiel. What a tempting offer! I need help. I must be stopped!:hmm3grin2orange:

Mvjnz
03-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Cute:)

Cockatiels don't often go well with budgies, so if you were hoping for a friend for him I' go for another budgie.

And just because there's a photo of him eating seeds, I just wanna check - his diet is mainly fruit and veggies right? Seeds are like junk food for budgies. Mine love carrot, apple and kiwi fruit in particular:)

fishlover49
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Awwwww, so cute!! thumbs2:

Northernguy
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Great shots! Pretty bird too!lol
You know that birds are not suppose to drink alcohol!
After looking at the 3rd pic I'm sure you learned your lesson.:hmm3grin2orange:

lovleeko
03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Cute:)

Cockatiels don't often go well with budgies, so if you were hoping for a friend for him I' go for another budgie.

And just because there's a photo of him eating seeds, I just wanna check - his diet is mainly fruit and veggies right? Seeds are like junk food for budgies. Mine love carrot, apple and kiwi fruit in particular:)

I was not really getting him for the budgie. But for the most part cockatiels and budgies should get on well. As long as there not in the same cage. my best friend has tiels that come over to play and vice versa. My other friend breeds so he is well used to tiels :)

He is eating millet in the pic. White millet to be exact because he doesn't like the borwn stuff LOL and he is on a pellet diet. Roudybush mini pellets and yes he eats veggies everyday. :) He loves carrots too. Though I find normal budgie favorites he doesn't care for as much.

lovleeko
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Great shots! Pretty bird too!lol
You know that birds are not suppose to drink alcohol!
After looking at the 3rd pic I'm sure you learned your lesson.:hmm3grin2orange:

LMAO He loves his bud light. do I really have to wean him off it!

You really think so? Thanks. I used to only like americans and thought the english ones looked weird. Now I love the english and appreciate their fluffy! :)

Rue
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
He looks great!thumbs2:

Although you shouldn't cage budgies and 'tiels together for the most part (the budgies are too aggressive)...they generally get along given enough space.

I can't think of anyone who's had major issues. Ours hang out together during 'out time'...

And I also think birds need other birds around - unless you're willing to spend a lot of time being their 'flock'. It's doable, but it's hard to be a bird's only companion. So having two birds is a great idea - they'll help entertain each other and engage in flock activities (eat at the same time, play at the same time, groom at the same time, nap...etc.).

But do be careful...just as we joke around with MTS, there's also MBS...and it's more serious IMO, because birds require more care...

If you bring in another bird, you should quarantine as well...

lovleeko
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
He looks great!thumbs2:

Although you shouldn't cage budgies and 'tiels together for the most part (the budgies are too aggressive)...they generally get along given enough space.

I can't think of anyone who's had major issues. Ours hang out together during 'out time'...

And I also think birds need other birds around - unless you're willing to spend a lot of time being their 'flock'. It's doable, but it's hard to be a bird's only companion. So having two birds is a great idea - they'll help entertain each other and engage in flock activities (eat at the same time, play at the same time, groom at the same time, nap...etc.).

But do be careful...just as we joke around with MTS, there's also MBS...and it's more serious IMO, because birds require more care...

If you bring in another bird, you should quarantine as well...

Thanks Rue. Of course I wasn't planning on caging them together. :) I know about the MBs I have been fighting it. LOL I have been working over time to be my birds flock. He is ALWAYS with us. He hardly goes in his cage. I'm not sure quarantine would have a point with this bird since he is coming from a friend who we go visit all the time and Jove is there playing with them. What do you think?

Rue
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
If you know the new bird's exact situation, then you can decide whether or not you think a quaratine is unnecessary...

...but if you ever get a bird from an unknown source it can save you some vet bills or heartache...

cer
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Those are some nice birds!