PDA

View Full Version : Brought a new pleco

bluebluecow
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi all

well I fell in love bad mistake, I asked what small plecs they had in at my LFS, wanted something that wouldnt grow more then 5inches, and he said this one will grow about 4inches, so I have brought a L315 spectracanthus marinus ple.

Will try and get some pics once he has settled in, he is lovely though, he is in my smaller tank upstairs, downstairs I have a flash plec and a common, who I will have to rehome at sometime (he was my novice buy I wnated a plec and he was cheap didnt relise how big they grow, Ive had him 4 yrs and he is now about 11inches

liz

btate617
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi all

well I fell in love bad mistake, I asked what small plecs they had in at my LFS, wanted something that wouldnt grow more then 5inches, and he said this one will grow about 4inches, so I have brought a L315 spectracanthus marinus ple.

Will try and get some pics once he has settled in, he is lovely though, he is in my smaller tank upstairs, downstairs I have a flash plec and a common, who I will have to rehome at sometime (he was my novice buy I wnated a plec and he was cheap didnt relise how big they grow, Ive had him 4 yrs and he is now about 11inches

liz

Nice pick up on the pleco. I remembered reading something about banning the export of plecos from Brazil a few months ago, I went back and looked it up again and sure enough L315 Spectracanthicus sp. are on the list. Not sure if it went through or not, the article I have is from Jan. 09, I am not big into plecos someone who is will chime in I am sure.
Either way nice fish. You might have one we won't see too much in the future if the ban on export from this country stands.(which I think is a good thing to preserve the numbers) Like I said I am not into plecos but hopefully this sp. is one that breeds well in captivity so we see it around. Good luck with it.

Brian

bluebluecow
03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
ok picture of my plec

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/obivader/DSC00232.jpg

excuse sand muscle has been spitting it at him lol

Liz

Sharon
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Nice fish!thumbs2: