PDA

View Full Version : new eggs

blacklotus
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
about a week ago i bought 6 snails i have 3 golden mystery snails and from a differen't place i also bought a few and they were labeled apple snails well they laid eggs last night and im wondering what i should do cause they are in my cichlid tank and they love eating snails :P how do i move them safely?

jaysee
03-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I have no idea. I'm trying to make some more snails. What did you do?

Wild Turkey
03-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Leave the egg clutch for one week and let them harden. This makes them easier to remove. Use a sharp razor blade to remove the egg clutch, if you dont want babies, throw it away. If you do want babies, leave the egg clutch. The babies will hatch from the eggs and fall into the water, fully alive and capable.

Heres some Info for you:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=38661

Jaysee, if you are trying to breed apple snails it may be helpful to you as well.

jaysee
03-18-2009, 05:24 AM
That was very helpful, thank you. I raised my temp a couple degrees, so perhaps that will help.

blacklotus
03-18-2009, 11:40 PM
i actually came home one day to them at the bottom of the tank :( but last night they laid another clutch so i should have baby snails if they don't fall in again, the thing is if i do want baby ones i do have to remove them as they will be too small and my cichlids will eat them right away